Actuarial Senior Associate
Actuarial Senior Associate, Actuarial Modeling – Longevity Reinsurance
- Our client is an industry leader in Stable Value, Pension Risk Transfer (PRT), Structured Settlements, and Full Service businesses. They are a global financial services power house who wish to recruit an experience Actuary for their highly developed and growing team. They currently have over £1.1 trillion under management and are regarded as one of the leading FS firms globally.
- This Senior Actuarial Associate role is for PRT Modeling. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting retirement colleagues in the USA in developing and updating pricing models for PRT and specifically LRT transactions, in conjunction with the Actuarial team locally.
- Superior technical expertise in quantitative and/or actuarial risk-based modeling; ability to perform complex analytical work in assessing and modeling financial, investment, and actuarial risks, reserving, capital modeling and/or management, and hedging.
- Very strong Excel skills
- Experience with C++, VBA, or similar Dot Net language. Experience in development of actuarial models written in these languages a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other quantitative resources to build controlled, production-environment quantitative models and tools.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and to work productively with internal and corporate business partners (ALM, product, actuarial, finance, tax, treasurers, etc.).
- You can expect a market leading basic salary and total reward package.
- Damian Farrell
Living away from NI and thinking of relocating back? Belfast is thriving with optimism, investment and jobs so find out about local career opportunities. We are hosting webinars with video interviews of Executives from many leading companies within Accountancy, Finance, IT, Analytics and Legal sectors. Search belfastforlife or contact Abacus for information about the webinars and major social event in Belfast.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job. Talk to us about your career and find advice, videos and jobs on www.abacus.jobs or via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google+. Applications that match the relevant criteria will generate a priority response.
Abacus is a multi award-winning specialist recruitment agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2003, our qualified team has more than 90 years’ experience and manage permanent, contract and temporary jobs with leading employers and new entrant firms within the markets of ICT, Legal, Accountancy, Sales, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Analytics, HR, Marketing and Engineering. Abacus is an Investor in People (IIP) employer and holds the REC Gold Audit for Recruitment Excellence. Abacus operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious belief, marital status, age or disability.Apply for this job.