Actuary – Senior Associate
Actuarial – Senior Associate
Our client an industry leader, is a business and technology operations subsidiary of U.S.based financial services NYSE listed company. They now have an opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Associate to join the team in supporting colleagues in the USA in developing and updating pricing models for transactions, in conjunction with the Actuarial team in Ireland.
- Work collaboratively with multiple PRT Pricing teams to develop models on the Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) Pricing platforms in support of R&D projects and new product implementation.
- Work collaboratively with others on the PRT Modelling team to support the development and maintenance of their modelling platform(s) used for pricing PRT deals.
- Serve as resource in validating or implementing PRT Pricing modelling changes and coordinates with business partners to complete User Acceptance Testing in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate corporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures.
Required Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Superior technical expertise in quantitative and/or actuarial risk-based modelling; ability to perform complex analytical work in assessing and modelling financial, investment, and actuarial risks, reserving, capital modelling and/or management, and hedging.
- Very strong Excel skill
- Experience with C++, VBA, or similar Dot Net language. Experience in development of actuarial models written in these languages a plus
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other quantitative resources to build controlled, production-environment quantitative models and tools.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and to work productively with internal and corporate business partners (ALM, product, actuarial, finance, tax, treasurers, etc.).
- Strategic thinker on actuarial pricing and modelling issues; demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyze, assess, challenge, and influence quantitative and business partners.
- Collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Quantitative actuarial/asset/investment/risk modelling experience
- Superior knowledge of financial modelling, pricing, statutory and US GAAP financial principles, and investments.
- Degree in Mathematics or related field preferred.
Location – County Donegal
Salary – Negotiable Depending on Experience
Apply online or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection on 02890 339968 for further informationApply for this job.