AML Assistant Manager
AML Assistant Manager
Location: Maynooth, Co. Kildare
Capita Asset Services are looking for an AML Assistant Manager to join the central AML team in our Debt Solutions unit. The AML Team manage the operational AML and Customer Due Diligence requirements for Capita’s clients across Ireland, the UK and Europe, along with providing specific AML services to clients across the CAS business.
The AML Assistant Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the team, including completion of quality control checks on CDD and Sanction/PEP reviews, monitoring KPI’s and SLA’s and liaising with teams across the business. The successful candidate will report directly to the AML Manager.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review/QC of CDD reviews performed on a periodic and trigger-event basis, ensuring that all appropriate checks have been completed and that reviews are fully in compliance with policy and procedure
- Reviewing the output of ongoing sanction and Politically Exposed Person (‘PEP’) screening and escalating to Compliance where relevant
- Management of day-to-day team activity, ensuring that internal and client SLAs are met
- Oversight of operational AML training, liaising with business SMEs and the QA team to ensure training is delivered in line with the CAS Training Plan
- Maintenance and review of AML procedures, guidance notes and templates
- Liaison with key parties across the business, including staff in the UK and Europe
- Preparation of monthly AML reporting for distribution both internally (to Senior Management/Risk Committee) and externally to our clients
- Supporting QA and AML Team Management in ad-hoc projects and in new business opportunities
- Third Level Qualification in banking or financial services, with circa 5 years’ experience working in a related field. Experience of AML/Financial Crime is mandatory with a specific AML qualification preferable.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment with regards to AML, including specific knowledge of the Criminal Justice Act and EU AML Directives
- Ability to demonstrate a disciplined and systematic approach to work with a proven capability of working effectively on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise work and manage multiple tasks, demonstrating strong organisational skills
- Track record of demonstrating a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and a track record of successfully meeting deadlines
- Able to interact personably and professionally with staff and customers of all levels as well as with senior executives both within and outside the company
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate across different levels, both verbally and in writing. Excellent report writing skills are a prerequisite.
- Can demonstrate a high awareness of and adherence to confidentiality and standards of professionalism
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Office suite
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita’s vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.Apply for this job.