Assistant Technical Manager / Specifications
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Technical Manager whose main focus will be on maintaining Specifications for a multi-national FMCG company. The successful candidate is required to have 2+ years’ experience within a similar Technical, Specifications, Quality, Food Technologist or Development role.
As part of one of Ireland best FMCG companies you will gain a wealth of experience working part of the technical team. If you are looking to take the next step with your career and join an environment where there is an ability to upskill, this is the role for you
• Responsible for the management of specifications for raw materials, packaging and finished goods.
• Management of online specifications.
• Act as the focal point for enquiries from customers/suppliers. Ensuring that complaints are investigated and closed off from a specifications stand point.
• Liaise with other departments in relation to New Product introductions to ensure compliance with customer product specifications.
• Responsible for specifications on various food products.
• Approving new suppliers.
• Maintaining the sites supplier approval process and carrying out risk assessments on supply base.
• Complete and maintain internal and external customer specifications. (Branded & Own Label) for all retailers as well as collating, validating and accurately inputting data as required.
• Be fully familiar with TTL, WRSpec and Micros platforms
Liaise with NPD and Procurement in relation to new products.
• Generate and check pack copy specifications and sign off all artworks to ensure legal compliance within the specified timeframes.
• Coordinate and manage all artwork changes.
• Check nutritional and shelf life data for compliance
• Document control the handover of recipes from new product development to the technical team and plant.
• Advise the site on label legality.
• Managing raw materials and packaging specifications.
• Helping maintain the HACCP intended use.
• Signing off new deliveries of packaging.
• Keeping the site abreast of retailer COP’s
• Investigate and close out all complaints.
• Communicate complaints and issues back to staff members and monitor closely to ensure the issue does not arise again.
• Conduct product traceability and recall tests.
• Ensure that all production departments are audit ready at all times.
• Carry out internal Quality Audits.
• To work with the operations team to build in quality into the production processes to ensure we get quality right first time.
• Project work as assigned by the management team
• Diploma or degree in relevant discipline.
• FIR training ideally
• Minimums 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office.
Please send your CV through the link to be considered or call Lyn on 02890 339968Apply for this job.