Our client is an industry leader in Stable Value, Pension Risk Transfer (PRT), Structured Settlements, and Full Service businesses. They are a global financial services power house who wish to recruit an experienced Actuary for their highly developed and growing team. They currently have over £1.1 trillion under management and are regarded as one of the leading FS firms globally.
The main functions are:
- Model Documentation: Review existing documentation and testing, learn the model and determine what, if any, gaps exist.
- Model Testing: Work with the Business Unit to test the model, including test tools to determine how the model works, suggesting best practices and improvements.
- Project Management/Communication: Maintain the enterprise model inventory. Track progress of the project, communicates status, risks and issues.
This role is for the Actuarial Model Shared Services team is one of the three teams created for this model governance function. The other two teams are Governance & Administration team and Technical Documentation team. Its function is the key to the first line of defense to ensure that the actuarial models are developed, maintained, and used appropriately to analyse insurance and capital market risks.
- Participate in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Corporate Actuarial model governance plans. Support the interpretation of the ERM’s policy and standards into feasible Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines.
- Assist in model development, model testing, and independent model review.
- Support domestic actuarial groups to comply with model governance requirements.
- Participate in Model Network to enhance the communication in the modelling community and leverage best practices.
- Coordinate with Actuarial Process & Technology group to recommend solutions to improve the model operation efficiency and consistency
- Provide technical model training for domestic actuarial groups
- Research innovative modelling approaches to enhance the model capabilities and control
- Coordinate with other Corporate Actuarial functions to ensure consistency on modelling related issues
- Completion of CT1-CT9 exams or further and 3+ years’ experience in an actuarial field is desired
- 1+ years of experience in model development, implementation and/or validation is required
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Experience in actuarial and/or quantitative modelling to perform complex insurance and investment products simulation and analytics
- Ability to partner effectively with colleagues across multiple business groups and corporate areas
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to work effectively in a wide variety of assignments
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in actuarial modelling systems and programming software such as GGY Axis, ALFA, PolySystems, SQL, C++, and VBA.
- Knowledge of practices related to pricing, valuation, risk management, and/or insurance accounting
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Damian Farrell on 02890313157 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobsApply for this job.