Associate Data Analyst (Retirement Specialist)
Abacus Professional Recruitment have been retained by a leading Fortune 500 Financial Services firm to recruit an experienced Associate Data Analyst (Retirement Benefit Calculation Specialist – Within Actuarial Team).
Our client is a financial services power house that has grown its operations in Letterkenny substantially over the last number of years. This area has noticed a significant rise in inward investment and our client has played a significant part in that with close to a £billion investment in the area and more to come.
The selected candidate will be part of the team responsible for supporting colleagues in the USA in calculating retirement benefits and responding to questions from pension plan participants and plan sponsors, in conjunction with the Actuarial team in Ireland.
The Role in brief:
- Provide a variety of standard and non-standard services which includes the calculation of retirement benefits, providing explanations of the various components of the calculations and benefit options, as well as plan provisions.
- Research complex data or information in order to draw accurate conclusions and present viable options or solutions in a timely manner.
- Apply knowledge of pension plan provisions and industry regulations to day-to-day operations.
- Communicate key information in response to inquiries received from plan participants, retirees, and plan sponsor via telephone, e-mail, or letters.
- Ensure client satisfaction through the successful completion of complex qualified and non-qualified pension calculations for traditional and cash balance plans. Understands tax requirements and implications associated with each.
- Research and resolves client issues working in collaboration with operations, plan actuaries, plan administrator and other internal business partners to execute prompt resolution.
- Identify opportunities to exceed customer service expectations by improving workflows, trouble-shooting, and recommending improvements to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Perform quality checks for manual calculations produced by team.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting non-qualified payments with internal and external parties.
- May be a resource for training and coaching team on new plan provisions and/or regulatory changes, providing input to system changes or enhancements, and handling one-off data changes or updates.
- 2 or more years of retirement industry experience.
- 3 or more years of related customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Defined Benefit products and services required.
- Defined Contribution and US Non-Qualified knowledge a strong plus.
- Ability to take on leadership role with projects or special assignments; project management experience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties.
For more information on this role, including a detailed job description, please contact Damian Farrell on 02890313157 or email your CV to email@example.com.
This job not for you? Don’t worry we have plenty more on our website! Have a look for yourself at www.abacus.jobs
Living away from NI and thinking of relocating back? Belfast is thriving with optimism, investment and jobs so find out about local career opportunities. We are hosting webinars with video interviews of Executives from many leading companies within Accountancy, Finance, IT, Analytics and Legal sectors. Search belfastforlife or contact Abacus for information about the webinars and major social event in Belfast.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job. Talk to us about your career and find advice, videos and jobs on www.abacus.jobs or via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google+. Applications that match the relevant criteria will generate a priority response.
Abacus is a multi award-winning specialist recruitment agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2003, our qualified team has more than 90 years’ experience and manage permanent, contract and temporary jobs with leading employers and new entrant firms within the markets of ICT, Legal, Accountancy, Sales, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Analytics, HR, Marketing and Engineering. Abacus is an Investor in People (IIP) employer and holds the REC Gold Audit for Recruitment Excellence. Abacus operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious belief, marital status, age or disability.Apply for this job.