Associate Systems Engineer
Abacus Professional Recruitment have been retained by a leading Fortune 500 Financial Services firm to recruit an experienced Associate / Mid / Senior Systems Engineer. Our client is a financial services power house that has grown its operations in Letterkenny substantially over the last number of years. This area has noticed a significant rise in inward investment and our client has played a significant part in that with close to a £billion investment in the area and more to come.
The role of the System Engineer owns the responsibility for managing all monitors within the applications including, but not limited to; creating configuration documentation, implementing simple changes, providing guidance and recommendations to the business partners on changes and the implementation of new functionality, providing Tier 2 / 3 support to the end users and other departments as needed, the identification and resolution of bugs & participation within an on-call 24*7 support model.
The Role in brief:
- Responsible for the day to day general production support, End user support with both production issues and queries and supporting the GBTS Server group and the Security Administrators on the system.
- Monitoring of alerts sent by Splunk. Investigate and determine if an issue. Engage correct resources to solve issues.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on the system.
- Provide tier 2 / 3 technical support to the end user and other departments as needed, such as QA and GBTS Technology.
- Manage requests for enhancements including identifying, testing and implementing enhancement.
- Participating in vendor information sessions to learn about product enhancements and changes.
- Coordinate and draft for distribution any communication updates needed about supported systems to the relevant parties.
- Monitor and participate in support forums and user groups to identify potential issues.
- Maintain a strong business and technology understanding and awareness of trends, opportunities and issues as related to applicant tracking system.
- Previous experience supporting EMC Captiva InputAccel and Unisys InfoImage (EMC – Enterprise Content Manager).
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of HTML & SQL would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Web services.
- Experience with Splunk application would be beneficial.
- Excellent escalation skills, both internal and external (vendors).
- At least 1 to 2 years’ of customer care experience.
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience with effective problem solving.
- 1 – 2 years successful technical call center support – tier 1.
- 1 to 2 years experience working with diverse teams with competing priorities.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 1-3 years IT experience.
- Strong partnering skills and the ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Refined communication skills with the ability and poise to speak to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly summarize technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, problem resolution and trouble shooting skills with acute attention to detail.
- Proven strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, ability to follow instructions, positive attitude (must provide proof of writing ability with instructional as well as client communications)
- Must demonstrate initiative and positive attitude with an ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be process oriented with good follow-up to ensure ongoing communication with client and close-out of each project.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities with little supervision.
- Willing to take on additional responsibility quickly.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities.
- Strategic, operational and technical management skills.
- Self-starter with the desire to grow and excel in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to be organized, flexible, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.
For more information on this role, including a detailed job description, please contact Simon Deller on 02890313157 or email your CV to email@example.com
This job not for you? Don’t worry we have plenty more on our website! Have a look for yourself at www.abacus.jobs
Living away from NI and thinking of relocating back? Belfast is thriving with optimism, investment and jobs so find out about local career opportunities. We are hosting webinars with video interviews of Executives from many leading companies within Accountancy, Finance, IT, Analytics and Legal sectors. Search belfastforlife or contact Abacus for information about the webinars and major social event in Belfast.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job. Talk to us about your career and find advice, videos and jobs on www.abacus.jobs or via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google+. Applications that match the relevant criteria will generate a priority response.
Abacus is a multi award-winning specialist recruitment agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2003, our qualified team has more than 90 years’ experience and manage permanent, contract and temporary jobs with leading employers and new entrant firms within the markets of ICT, Legal, Accountancy, Sales, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Analytics, HR, Marketing and Engineering. Abacus is an Investor in People (IIP) employer and holds the REC Gold Audit for Recruitment Excellence. Abacus operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious belief, marital status, age or disability.Apply for this job.