Audit Manager TTS Western Europe
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi’s global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi’s Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company’s governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The TTS VP will have responsibility for working on and leading audits that cover the TTS Business in EMEA / Western Europe.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally. The candidate must possess knowledge of cash management and trade products.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is an integral part of Citi’s Institutional Clients group, serving corporates, public sector clients and financial institutions in over 120 countries globally, in EMEA Citi have developed banking relationships across 55 countries. The TTS product lines include Cash Management (Receivables, Payments, Cards, Liquidity and Investments and Channel Services) and Trade (Trade Services, Trade Finance and Export and Agency Finance).
TTS Group leverages the industry’s largest proprietary network, spanning over 100 countries to process $2.5 trillion of payments daily.
• Development, planning and execution of the TTS Internal Audit Plan in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Ensure appropriate delivery against the agreed audit plan for TTS in EMEA / Western Europe. The audit plan will ensure a complete description of the planned coverage, both of in-country audit work and, and also the coverage of activities outside the country on which the country relies.
• Monitoring of business activity to identify any changes in risk profiles or deterioration in control environment and updating audit risk assessment and plans to align with emerging risks/control issues.
• Keeps abreast of new laws, rules, products, technologies and applications and considers implications for the business and audit universe and plan.
• Meet all the regulatory requirements for Internal Audit in respect of providing Internal Audit services to the legal entity.
• Ensure the governance, risk management and control concerns of regional management are considered in planning, and plan updates, and that Internal Audit provides suitable, prompt assurance in respect of the areas of concern identified.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Relevant experience auditing banks with comprehensive knowledge of Transaction Banking, in particular cash management and trade services and finance products.
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus. Professional qualification (Chartered Accountant or similar professional Audit qualification).
• Willingness to travel, as this role requires extensive business travel within the EMEA region.
• Understanding and practical application of Risk Based Auditing methodology.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Possess strong data analysis and/or technical skills to analyze complex business data utilizing automated tools and help identify problems would be an advantage. Demonstrable knowledge of advanced Excel and Access functions to perform data analysis/test automated controls.
• Strong judgement and decision making skills.
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and ability to interact confidently with internal clients, external Auditors and Regulators.
• Good organizational skills and ability to work proactively without close supervision.
• Ability to manage conflict and work under pressure.
• Strong team player, able to build and leverage relationships across the organization.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities EmployerApply for this job.