Your new company
One of Ireland’s top full service commercial law firms are growing and are recruiting a banking & finance solicitor to join their dynamic team. They are an ambitious firm with 180 people presently in their Dublin headquarters.
The firm have been part of the fabric of Irish business for over 200 years and they are very proud of their heritage and client base which is made up of international and domestic companies fuelling Ireland’s economy.
Your new role
In your new position you will be responsible for;
- Supporting Partners and Senior Associates in the team on specific projects;
- Managing an active and interesting caseload with significant client interaction;
- Working as part of a dynamic and growing team in an interesting market;
- Working for commercial banks, institutional funds and borrowers in relation to all areas of corporate banking and finance work.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will have 2+ years qualified and have a genuine interest in developing your existing career in banking and finance law. You should have good previous banking experience. A Certificate in Banking Law Practice and Bankruptcy is not essential but may be an advantage.
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Eager to learn, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated
- Motivated and adaptable with a positive outlook and with a good work ethic
- Pro-active and committed self starter
- Good time management and strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail/accuracy
You will have a;
- Minimum one years experience in the area of banking and finance law, either in professional practice or an in house role
- Excellent academic record with specialist banking knowledge
- Organisational and transaction management skills;
- Commercial acumen and excellent analytical skills
- A sociable person, capable of communicating at all levels with an ability to communicate points clearly in a non-confrontational manner
- A calm and measured approach to problem solving
- A willingness to work hard above and beyond normal office hours as required
- An ability to carry out business development functions
- An ability to contribute knowledge and expertise to key areas
What you’ll get in return
An excellent market salary, package, bonus and progression opportunities are all on offer for you here
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career.
If you’re looking for a new legal opportunity in a specific location Hays have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK and a team of over 30 specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your job search.