Big Data Solutions Engineer
Our client, based in Letterkenny are looking to recruit an experienced Big Data Engineer who will be responsible for enabling senior leadership to drive the overall data strategy. This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, administration of strategic data projects.
This includes the supervision of staff responsible for driving execution. This position will require proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the data strategy team to build easy to use end data products.
The candidate must be hands-on and requires a strong RDBMS/NoSQL background and will be responsible for providing the technical expertise and oversight on design and implementation of mission critical, high-volume, high-availability data environments.
• Full data engineering lifecycle from architecture and design, data analysis, software development, QA, capacity planning and managing the analytics environment as a whole.
• Responsible for people management, including hiring a team of best-in-class data engineers, yearly employee reviews, cost analysis, resource allocations, and employee growth and training.
• Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
• Collaborate with other teams to design and develop and deploy data tools that support both operations and product use cases.
• Perform offline analysis of large data sets using components from the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead.
• Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
• Evaluate big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
• Manage project plans, timelines, and client relationships to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality, on time and within budget.
• Serve as a positive, dynamic leader that displays the best work ethic, creative problem solving skills, positive attitude, and team oriented proactive approach
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proficiency using technologies such as Python, Scala, HBase, SQL, MapReduce, ETL, Kafka, Mongo, Postgres, Visualization technologies etc.
• Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle
• Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
• Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
• Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills
• Excellent technical and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to train, develop, and teach more junior data engineers.
• Project management experience.
• Highly motivated self-starter
• BS in Computer Science or related area
• 10-12 years software development experience
• Minimum 2 Year Experience on Big Data Platform