C&B Events Manager
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Shaws Bridge, Belfast, BT8 7XP
Main Purpose of Job:
Actively sell the ballroom and the function rooms in the conference centre, in line with the budget. In addition to promote the other outlets in the Hotel for delegates.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
Rate of Pay:
National Living Wage 25 and over
National Minimum Wage under 25
Experience within an Business/Events Co-ordinator role
5 GCSE’s at grade C and above to include English and Maths or equivalent
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Experience within the hospitality industry
- Deal with meeting room enquiries whether they arrive by phone/fax/walk-in business.
- Update the Sales in the Brilliant system.
- Be responsible for maintaining the client files.
- Conduct site inspections of the meeting rooms and accommodation.
- Issue function sheets to key personnel in line with departmental standards
- Liaise with the various hotel departments i.e. reservations/front office/restaurant/porters and be aware of selling policy on the day.
- Provide an efficient and courteous service for guests.
- Carry out the hotel’s customer relation policy.
- Carry out telephone calls for conference and banqueting Manager.
- Manage the sales in their day to day duties with regard to appointments, correspondence, client enquiries, chasing and invoicing.
- Assist the senior conference and banqueting co-ordinator in the day to day running of the office and to ensure standards are maintained.
- Cross-sell the group’s conference facilities.
- Identify new business and advise Conference and Banqueting Manager of leads.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
- Keep work area tidy and safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.
- Be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid boxes.
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement for your place of work.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within your department.
- The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and the post holder will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by the Events Manager