Business Development Executive (RoI) – Henderson Foodservice Ltd
Henderson Foodservice Ltd Opportunity
Henderson Group is one of Northern Ireland’s largest and most successful indigenous companies with an annual turnover of over £650m and a portfolio of highly recognisable brands, incorporating four group entities Henderson Wholesale, Henderson Retail, Henderson Property, and Henderson Foodservice. We currently employ over 3000 people and we’re fully committed to our people and we’ve got the awards to prove it: ‘Best Place to Work ‘Irish News Awards 2015, Investors in People accredited & a UTV/Business Eye Awards Company of the Year.
Henderson Foodservice is a market leading foodservice business that offers a comprehensive service to the catering industry in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. This service includes providing a broad range of chilled, frozen, fresh, grocery and hygiene products to a long and growing list of high profile clients. The company has a vast customer base that extends to hotels, schools, restaurants, public houses, fast-food franchises, hospitals, nursing homes, sandwich bars, leisure centres, bakeries, manufacturers, multiples, and retail convenience stores.
Business Development Executive (ROI) – Ref: 8950
This fast paced and versatile position offers the successful candidate the freedom and flexibility to grow their own established client based within the ROI market place. The area of focus for this position will be Greater Dublin which is a predominantly green-field area where you will consistently generate new sales leads, contacts, and accounts.
As a Business Development Executive, you would be expected to significantly grow HFL sales and awareness within this designated territory, establishing the Company as the Partner of First Choice in Foodservice within the ROI Marketplace. You will develop and maintain sound, working relationships with your client base ensuring they receive the highest levels of customer service enabling you to further increase your sales.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Business Development Executive to work with one of the fastest growing and most successful food service companies in Ireland and receive a very healthy reward.
- Achieve sales and margin targets for designated territory/accounts over a set time frame.
- Actively prospect, seek out and identify new business opportunities, in addition to managing any existing customer base within the territory.
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers in each account and involve Line Manager in regular review meetings.
- Carry out regular business reviews and prepare a focused Development Plan for individual customers and your territory.
- Support, liaise and work with the Management Team, Customer Services and Telesales, Trading, Re-order, Transport and Finance on customer needs and build strong cross functional relationships within the business.
- Liaise closely with the Trading Dept on product range, issues, and requirements.
- Forecast accurately to the re-order team volume requirements for specific customers and/or new product requests.
- Ensure clear communication of relevant business issues and competitor activity.
- Participate fully in resolving relevant customer service and complaint issues.
- Effectively present to customers, other members of the sales team and management as and when required.
- Effectively liaise with the Credit Controller to manage debt within target debtor days and ensure that all customers within the territory settle their accounts within agreed terms and conditions of trade.
- Coordinate appropriate supplier / end-user accompaniment schedules and programmes in support of the sales plan.
- Attend and make positive and supportive contributions to relevant meetings within the sales and other company teams.
- Provide weekly reports in the required format on actual territory performance including: sales, profit, debt management versus budget and relevant corrective actions; new business gains; action planning for future trading periods.
- Comply with HFL regulations and policies.
- Safeguard HFL property and maintain confidentiality on all information.
- Build positive working relationships with other departments within HFL and the wider Henderson Group.
- Build relationships outside of the Company, which assist in promoting the business at all, times, eg relevant trade bodies.
- Any other duties and tasks commensurate with the role as required by the Field Sales Manager, Management & Directors of the company and within the capabilities of the Business Development Executive.
- Minimum of two years’ sales experience in Foodservice, FMCG or the catering industry.
- Previous experience of achieving budgets and targets
- Ability to maximise business development opportunities
- Demonstrable ability to develop strong relationships and display of a flair for developing new business
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Full driving licence
- Previous sales experience within the fresh food sector would be considered advantageous.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused; be a strong team player in a creative atmosphere with the ability to discover the unexpected; possess excellent verbal and visual communication skills with the ability to relate to different management types and levels.
Applicants should note that based on the response, the Company may increase the shortlisting criteria.
We offer outstanding training and development opportunities, a great working environment, and all the benefits you would expect from a large and progressive company including competitive salary, healthcare scheme and pension.
This is a full-time position working 36.5 hours per week, flexibility is required with regard to hours of work.
Applicants within the within the last 6 months need not reapply.
Please be advised that we do not accept paper application forms. All applications for any external vacancies must be submitted online. There is an option online to attach a CV however CVs will only be accepted providing they are accompanied by a completed online application.
Completed applications must be submitted online by midnight on Thursday 9th February 2017.
Please note any correspondence in relation to this post will be made via email. Please ensure that henderson-group.com is added to your contacts/safe list. Please also check your junk mailbox for any correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunities EmployerApply for this job.