Business Development Manager
BlueZone Technologies is a subsidiary company within the HBE Group.
A “Blue Zone” is a term designated to the healthiest places in the world to live, and at BlueZone Technologies, we develop software solutions to help businesses manage, maintain, monitor and notify all aspects of their building portfolio, ensuring the healthiest built environment possible.
From compliance modules on Legionella, to eLearning courses on Manual Handling whilst managing the risk within a company’s Supply Chain, the BlueZone manager platform makes compliance easier. Read more about us at www.bluezonetechnologies.com
Your main role will be to identify, win and retain clients throughout the UK and Ireland. With a strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills, you will confidently manage the full corporate sales cycle, from initial enquiry to closure.
You are a passionate, innovative and engaging business development professional with excellent people skills; strong work ethic and a can-do attitude that keeps the client at the heart of everything we do.
Duties and responsibilities:
Your core duties will include:
- Working closely with the Senior Management team to implement the business development plan in accordance with the company’s strategic aims;
- Managing the sales process from nurturing warm leads through to creating the opportunity and closing the deal;
- Developing in-depth expertise in our solutions, understanding how they solve our clients’ business needs;
- Creating customer profiles and a prospecting strategy to target each of our key business sectors;
- Communicating new product developments to both current and prospective clients;
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up demos;
- Confidently planning and delivering face-to-face and online presentations and software demonstrations;
- Maintaining an accurate sales pipeline, customer database records, and up-to-date sales forecasts for your allocated region using our online CRM solution;
- Consistently achieve your personal KPIs, whilst contributing to the overall success of the wider business;
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction through effective account management.
Skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level;
- At least 5 years’ sales/business development experience working in a similar industry;
- Self-motivated and target driven;
- Ability to understand customer requirements and identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities;
- Technical or high level understanding of multiple customer industries, products and environments;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience with an advanced understanding of CRM systems and databases;
- High degree of proficiency in the MS office suite, particularly Excel & PowerPoint;
- Able & willing to travel periodically as the job requires.
- Competitive Salary with bonus award scheme
- Company car or allowance
- Pension provision
- Mobile phone/Laptop etc.
- Contributions to the additional costs of working at home, if applicable