Business Development Manager – Transport
Business Development Manager
Negotiable Package on Experience
Reed are currently working in partnership with a logistics business who are looking to recruit for a Business Development Manager for Ireland, as the business is moving forward with growth they require a driven individual to develop new business opportunities.
· This position will focus on selling road, sea and airfreight throughout Ireland and UK; developing business with both new and existing customers.
· Report weekly on pipeline, sales volume and profitable margins achieved
· Work closely with the MD to develop list of target customers and plan weekly activity around identifying opportunities that can be converted to profitable business
· Meet with existing customer base and work closely with network partners to initially develop road, air and sea freight.
· Network across potential customer base and also within the industry to get contacts and develop a deeper understanding of the market and establish meaningful commercial relationships
· Ensure KPI and gross profit targets are achieved and a structured approach to business development is taken
· Five years’ experience in a business development role, freight experience would be desirable.
· A knowledge of and/or exposure to ocean freight; both import and export would be desirable.
· Demonstrable evidence of having taken a structured approach to new business development using both face to face and telesales to secure profitable customers to agreed targets
· Must have experience of preparing proposals, full tenders and quotations
· Excellent communication and presentations skills
· Appropriate IT skills
· Full driving licence
If you feel you have the experience and background required for the role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job.