Business Systems Analyst
Our client based in Letterkenny are currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to work with Life Insurance product solutions.
This is a business-facing IT role in which the Business-Systems Analyst will be required to develop an understanding of the client’s business domain, including the applications and systems that support the business.
The Business-Systems Analyst will apply the knowledge acquired to improve and increase the success of the business by working with both business and technology stakeholders who are responsible for building, modifying and maintaining the processes and applications that support the business.
Key to this role are the skills, abilities and techniques required to act as the ‘enabling bridge’ between business and technology stakeholders with emphasis on representing the business need throughout. Experience in eliciting, defining and analyzing for individual life insurance products and business processes, admin platforms and relevant system interfaces will be a distinct advantage.
The Business-Systems Analyst will have a good appreciation of the technology delivery processes and be able to learn the technology in use and its capabilities in meeting the needs of the client.
The Business-Systems Analyst role involves a combination of responsibilities, tasks and deliverables. The Analyst:
• will engage with all stakeholders to determine, document and validate business, functional, non-functional, and system requirements using relevant and applicable techniques
• will support and inform the Design, Development, QA and UAT phases and
• will provide constructive input to QA and UAT test plans
The Business-Systems Analyst will have a sufficient understanding of systems to be able to engage and communicate effectively with Designers, Developers, System Architects and QA regarding requirements.
The Analyst may be required to travel to the US.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognized college/university IT-related qualification
- Industry knowledge of Individual life insurance;
- LOMA 290, 301, 307, 357 (or their equivalent), with an intent to get fully-accredited
- ALMI- or FLMI-accredited preferable
- 3+ years’ experience working in the life insurance domain
- Experience with life insurance admin systems (e.g. LifePro, Vantage), with exposure to system interfaces such as Outputs, Product Rates, Illustrations, Premium Remittance & Policy Acquisitions
- 4+ years Business Systems Analysis experience
- Experience working in a Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) is required
- Experience working with requirements management tools is preferred but not required
Experience in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Visio, and Powerpoint
- Ability to develop high quality requirements as required within scheduled time-frame and budget
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adjust the level of communication depending on the audience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- Ability to direct, moderate, collaborate and negotiate with business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflicting as well as competing demands
- Flexibility to handle work beyond defined responsibilities.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Leanne on 028 71360070 for further information.Apply for this job.