Buyer (Telecoms / Utilities)
Wellington Professional Recruitment is proud to be working with our client, a leading construction and utilities service provider delivering major infrastructure projects and maintenance works in the Telecoms, Civil Engineering and Wireless Sectors. They are now looking to complement their already strong purchasing team with a Buyer. This is the ideal opportunity for a high calibre Buyer with a strong background of civil engineering projects looking to develop their career with a leading company.
As Buyer you will be an integral part of the purchasing team and will work closely with Quantity Surveyors, Site personnel, suppliers and all relevant internal departments. Your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Place orders with assigned suppliers at regular intervals and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders.
- Liaise with site management on materials required.
- Input orders within the given time frame and update prices on the database.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers as well as follow up on price requisitions as requested.
- Create reports using spreadsheets.
- Perform administrative duties to the specified standard and within the time frame required by the procurement department.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar Buyer role in the Telecoms / Civil Engineering sector.
- Demonstrable ability to work with Quantity Surveyors for estimating and pricing BOM schedules.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility to participate in other duties as required by the purchasing department.
As Buyer you will also have first class interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. A recognised site safety qualification would be advantageous to your application but this is by no means essential.
If you feel this exciting “Buyer (Telecoms / Utilities)” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.Apply for this job.