CAD / GIS Technician (Telecoms) Dublin
As an AutoCAD Technician you will be joining a leading specialist provider of solutions to the utility and telecommunication industries. Based in Dublin and currently overseeing the delivery of major telecoms projects in Ireland, you will be involved in the design, planning and maintenance of network data for telecommunication networks.
Our client has a proven track record of delivering diverse solutions to meet client requirements and bring a deep industry knowledge, excellent capabilities, innovative and cutting edge technology within the Utility / Telecoms sector. Having built on long term partnerships and the continued growth of the company they now require a CAD / GIS Technician to join the team.
As CAD / GIS Technician, you will join a team of designers and planners. You will have key involvement in determining the High Fibre Coaxial / Civil / Cable routes, providing maps and drawings, measuring cable lengths.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Walkout and survey area of proposed works, identifying any difficulties such as bridges, culverts and railway crossing etc.
- Compile data capture information from site.
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre schematic diagrams.
- Measure fibre, and coaxial cable lengths provide cabling and splicing and termination schedules.
- Communicate with local authorities, councils, developer and utility companies.
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps.
- Produce bills of quantities and bills of materials.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar AutoCAD Technician role.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Civil Engineering or GIS.
- Experience of AutoCAD and strong IT skills.
- Experience in the Utilities / Telecoms sector would be preferred but not essential as training will be given.
If you feel this CAD / GIS Technician role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown or call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 028 90312009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.Apply for this job.