Category Sales Manager – Fresh Meat & Poultry – Henderson Foodservice Ltd
Henderson Foodservice Ltd Opportunity
Henderson Group is one of Northern Ireland’s largest and most successful indigenous companies with an annual turnover of over £700m and a portfolio of highly recognisable brands, incorporating four group entities Henderson Wholesale, Henderson Retail, Henderson Property, and Henderson Foodservice.
We currently employ over 3000 people and we’re fully committed to our people and we’ve got the awards to prove it: ‘Best Place to Work ‘Irish News Awards 2015, Investors in People accredited & a UTV/Business Eye Awards Company of the Year.
Part of the Henderson Group, Henderson Foodservice is the market leading foodservice business in Northern Ireland. It offers a comprehensive service to the catering industry that includes a broad range of chilled, frozen, grocery and hygiene products.
The company has a vast customer base that extends to hotels, schools, restaurants, public houses, fast-food franchises, hospitals, nursing homes, sandwich bars, leisure centres, bakeries, manufacturers, multiples, and retail convenience stores.
Category Sales Manager – Ref: 9230
Henderson Foodservice are delighted to welcome applications for the exciting position of Category Sales Manager to join us on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager our Category Sales Manager will contribute to the strategic development, direction, and achievement of our Fresh strategy with specialist focus on Fresh Meat & Poultry.
Dealing with chefs, catering managers, business owners, commercial managers, procurement professionals and Food & Beverage Managers, the successful applicant will work collectively with our teams to develop product categories and services, generate new business, and successfully manage current accounts. In addition, they will have considerable autonomy in the role to drive the strategic direction of the team focused on the delivery of a leading Meat and Poultry foodservice solution.
This is a highly rewarding and fast paced position that will present the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop their sales career within one of Northern Ireland’s top 100 companies to work for.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To develop a strategic sales plan to grow category, sector, customer, and territory sales.
- Work closely with the Trading and Replenishment teams on category range and sector development, product sourcing, product specification, pricing, stock holding, forecasting, seasonal needs, and customer/market trends.
- Develop successful partnerships with suppliers and be the primary contact for sales development.
- Compilation of targets for sales and telesales teams;
- Development and implementation of sales initiatives, new product launches, seasonality and ensure sales and telesales teams are trained effectively to maximise new opportunities;
- Development of sales and margin opportunities with customers in order to achieve targets.
- Contribute to the compilation of tenders;
What qualifications/skills do I need to apply?
- Considerable sales experience including managing and securing major accounts/group with at least 3 three years’ experience selling meat and poultry into the foodservice sector;
- A good understanding of the ROI and NI foodservice market place;
- Experience of completing tenders;
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop others.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally;
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills;
- Proven achievement of budgets and targets;
- Highly tenacious and proactive;
- A drive for results and dedication to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers;
- Strong team player with experience of working cross functionally;
- Passionate about the foodservice industry;
- Excellent IT skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office applications);
- Full and valid driving licence.
- Experience in dealing with fresh meat & poultry suppliers would be a distinct advantage.
The successful applicant will receive a full-time, permanent position that offers high levels of job satisfaction and job security. In addition to this there is a competitive salary and bonus scheme, company car, generous benefits package including contributory pension scheme (6% employer contribution), healthcare, life assurance, employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, social club, Benefits Offers/Discount scheme throughout UK/Ireland, employee discount (grocery/fuel) at SPAR/EUROSPAR Henderson Group company-owned stores and many more benefits.
Applicants should note that based on the response, the Company may increase the shortlisting criteria.
This is a full-time position working 36.5 hours per week, flexibility is required with regards to hours of work.
Please be advised that we do not accept paper application forms. All applications for any external vacancies must be submitted online.
Completed applications must be submitted online by Sunday, 18th June 2017.
Please note any correspondence in relation to this post will be made via email. Please ensure that henderson-group.com is added to your contacts/safe list. Please also check your junk mailbox for any correspondence.
We are an equal opportunities employerApply for this job.