Category Sales Manager (Non-Food) – Henderson Foodservice Ltd
Henderson Foodservice Ltd Opportunity
Part of the Henderson Group, we’re a leading all Ireland Foodservice distributor selling a total foodservice solution including ambient, chilled, frozen, fresh and non-food products to customers including hotels, restaurants, pubs, bakeries, cafes, schools, hospitals, nursing homes and retail sites.
Our core purpose is simple – to deliver the best service to every customer.
Our core values are Customer First, Be the Best, Us before Me, Own it and Do it the Right Way.
Category Sales Manager (Non-Food) – Ref: 8081
Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager you will contribute to the strategic development, direction and achievement of our Non-Food Category with specialist focus on key channel & category development.
In this brand new position you will operate as specialist across the area in our non-food category to include catering accessories, cleaning and hygiene and paper and disposables. You will develop our product categories and services, generate new business and successfully manage current accounts.
You will have considerable autonomy in the role to drive the strategic direction of the team focused on the delivery of a leading Non Food foodservice solution.
Key responsibilities include:
- To develop a strategic sales plan to grow category, sector, customer and territory sales.
- Work closely with the Trading and Replenishment teams on category range and sector development, product sourcing, product specification, pricing, stock holding, forecasting, seasonal needs and customer/market trends.
- Develop successful partnerships with key Non Food suppliers and be the primary contact for sales development.
- In conjunction with the senior team, compilation of Non Food KPI targets for sales and telesales teams;
- Development and implementation of Non Food sales initiatives, new product launches, seasonality and ensure sales and telesales teams are trained effectively to maximise new opportunities;
- Compile a pipeline of key business opportunities for existing and target customers and provide monthly progress updates;
- Development of sales and margin opportunities with customers in order to achieve targets.
- Contribute to the compilation of tenders;
- Work with the in-house pricing team and Trading on category & sector pricing
- Analysis and interpretation of sales/margin performance and recommendations on focus and direction by category, customer, sector, channel and territory.
What we look for in our ‘best people’ – you’ll need:
- Considerable experience selling Non-Food into the foodservice sector;
- A good understanding of the RoI and NI foodservice market place;
- Experience of completing tenders & dealing with key accounts;
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop others.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally;
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills;
- Proven achievement of budgets and targets;
- Highly tenacious and proactive;
- A drive for results and dedication to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers;
- Strong team player with experience of working cross functionally;
- Passionate about the foodservice industry;
- Excellent IT skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office applications);
- Full and valid driving licence.
Applicants should note that based on the response, the Company may increase the shortlisting criteria.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and determined foodservice sales professional to work within one of the most successful companies within the industry and reinforce our leadership of the RoI and NI markets.
Please be advised that we do not accept paper application forms. All applications for any external vacancies must be submitted online. There is an option online to attach a CV however CVs will only be accepted providing they are accompanied by a completed online application.
Completed applications must be submitted online by: 5pm on Sunday 8th November 2015.
Please note any correspondence in relation to this post will be made via email. Please ensure that henderson-group.com is added to your contacts/safe list. Please also check your junk mailbox for any correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunities EmployerApply for this job.