Chef De Partie
Chef de Partie
Executive Head Chef/ Senior Sous Chef
Crowne Plaza Hotel, 117 Milltown Road, Belfast, BT8 7XP
Purpose of job:
Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in ensuring that preparation, food production and food service are carried out to the highest standard and in accordance with the food hygiene regulations.
Rate of Pay:
Dependent upon experience
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
- Experience within a Chef de Partie/Chef role
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- NVQ qualification up to and including level 2 in Food Preparation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring flexible working and a genuine willingness to help guests and colleagues within the hotel
- Understanding of COSHH
- Hygiene Certificate
- Experience within the hospitality industry
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C and above or equivalent qualification
- Managing the general day to day running of their section
- Good understanding of HACCP/COSHH
- General cost and quality control for both incoming and outgoing goods.
- Ensure that temperature readings are taken on a daily basis and taken accurately
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment, fixtures and fittings are in good working order and to ensure that no item of equipment is misused.
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are adhered to and hygiene checked daily.
- Ensure that all food served from their section is the required standard highlighted in the menu specification.
- Carry out company’s relations policy and to communicate hotel services to guests.
- Wear clean, suitable uniform.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Upkeep of the equal opportunities policy to ensure that there is a neutral working environment.
- Participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance.
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within each department.
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all requirements under Health & Safety at Work act (1989).
*The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by management.Apply for this job.