Chemist/Ceimiceoir – Dungloe
Who we are/Cé muid:
Randox Laboratories is a privately owned diagnostic reagent and equipment manufacturing company. For nearly 30 years we have developed innovative diagnostic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals.
Through extensive research and development programs, Randox plays a pioneering role in clinical and laboratory medicine. As an innovator of products and services for the early detection, targeted screening and diagnosis of disease states, our goal is to improve health and quality of life. Randox are pioneers of multianalyte diagnostic testing having invented and developed Evidence® Biochip Array Technology (BAT), the world’s first multiplexed immunoassay platform.
Our products are employed in over 30,000 laboratories in 130 countries worldwide, and support clinical decision-making in a wide variety of fields, including cardiology, neurology, oncology, biochemistry, virology, endocrinology and immunology. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focusing on our expertise in diagnostics.
The position will be based at our facility in Dungloe, County Donegal.
The Role/An Ról:
We require suitably experienced high caliber individuals to provide analytical expertise for our research and development section. The successful candidates will actively engage in a broad range of functions to include chemical analysis, process development, quality control, product formulation, product development and product validation.
Major Duties/Príomh Dualgais:
1. Design, optimize and develop reagent formulations for Randox Biochip and ELISA platforms.
2. Develop formulation screening strategies and rapid data processing approaches.
3. Design and execute experiments independently, identify scientific and technical problems and
provide potential solutions.
4. Interpret data and discuss experimental results within team and department meetings.
5. Maintain accurate work and laboratory documentation.
6. Prioritize workflow to meet deadlines.
7. Conduct scientific literature searches for project development purposes and continued professional development.
8. Interact effectively with staff of diverse disciplines across the organization.
The Candidate/An t-iarrthóir:
1. BSc in chemistry or related discipline.
2. Demonstrable understanding of biological buffer systems and their physical and chemical properties.
3. Demonstrable work experience.
4. Demonstrable skill in problem solving and in the conceptualization of novel approaches.
5. Ability to organize and prioritize workload to progress projects in a timely and efficient fashion.
6. Ability to work independently within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
7. Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
8. Ability to effectively assess and organize resources.
1. Postgraduate research experience as an analytical chemist.
2. Evidence of publication in internationally recognized peer reviewed journals.
3. Industrial experience.
4. Presentations at national and international conferences.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry, which can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
What next/Caidé anois:
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to the following address:
Human Resources Department
Randox Laboratories Limited
55 Diamond Road, Crumlin, County Antrim, BT29 4QY
Or alternatively via e-mail to: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference 17/CHDJ in all communication. Start Date Negotiable.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities EmployerApply for this job.