Childrens Service Manager – Wicklow
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of a residential and / or respite service and will ensure the smooth running of the service and the management of all staff.
To support and facilitate the development of short break options available to families through inter-agency working with St. Catherine’s Association (SCA).
To support and facilitate the development of children who are living in a designated residential centre within SCA.
The successful applicant will be required to travel to various locations of the organisation and to represent SCA wherever necessary.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management or supervisory role in the area of health or social care; and
- An appropriate qualification in health or social care management at an appropriate level (clearly demonstrated modules in Management & Leadership as part of primary degree – may be considered); and
- A minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience in the Intellectual Disability sector
- Must have knowledge of all relevant legislation and HIQA Standards and a proven ability to implement standards and regulations
- Experience of managing budgets
- Ability to lead and participate on new initiatives and projects
- Experience of; leadership, management and communications both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team leading skills, initiative and flexibility
- An ability to implement and propose policies for the organisation where they are required
- An ability to make sound judgments and decisions based on current legislation, best practice and individual circumstances
- An ability to assess situations, act appropriately and use analytical and problem solving processes that best meet the needs of the clients and the service
- A commitment to self-development & the development of others
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, along with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of St Catherine’s to improve the lives of the people we support
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
- Hold a full clean driving license and have access to transport