Civil Project Engineer
Civil Project Engineer (T&D)
A Dublin-based M&E Engineering and Construction company with interests across Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. They specialise in the areas of Electrical Transmission & Distribution, Mechanical Piping, HVAC and Electrical Instrumentation and they would be delivering high-end installation services across the Industrial Manufacturing, Power Generation, Petrochemical and Bio Pharma sectors.
As a qualified and experienced Civil Engineering Professional, you will be responsible for the management, coordination and support of all the civil elements from both tender and delivery processes through to completion of works with an emphasis on safety, civil design and quality checking to service the electrical requirements.
You will be doing:
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil sub-contractors
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil sub-contractor
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the Kirby Group input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil sub-contractor
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
You will need to be:
- A professionally qualified Civil Engineer
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the design of structural and civil elements of varying materials (ie concrete, steel, masonry, timber, drainage and road design) to the relevant design codes / standards and statutory information to ROI / NI / UK / EU jurisdictions.
- Experienced and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD.
You will need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years engineering design/project management experience
- Experience in Civil Engineering design for substations or electrical power installations
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
For more information please call Diarmaid at Corvus Recruitment or apply attaching your CV using the link provided.
Total discretion and confidentiality assured.Apply for this job.