Civil Technician (Utilities) Kilkenny
As a Civil Technician you will be joining a leading independent contractor, based in Kilkenny and currently overseeing the delivery of major telecoms projects in Ireland. You will be involved in the design, planning and maintenance of network data for telecommunication networks.
Our client is an independent contractor with a proven track record of delivering client requirements within the Utility / Telecoms sector. Having built long term partnerships and the continued growth of the company they now require a Civil Technician to join the team.
As Civil Technician, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Walkout and survey area of proposed works, identifying any difficulties such as bridges, culverts and railway crossing etc.
- Provide method statements as required.
- Compile data capture information from site.
- Communicate with local authorities, councils, developer and utility companies.
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps.
- Produce bills of materials.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar Civil Technician / AutoCAD Technician role.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Civil Engineering or GIS.
- Experience of AutoCAD and strong IT skills.
- Experience in the Utilities / Telecoms sector would be preferred but not essential.
If you feel this Civil Technician role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.Apply for this job.