Objective: As a key member of the Engineering team the CNC Programmer will program, tool & set up CNC Milling machines such as Brother, Matsuura and DMG Machines with Fanuc and Heidenhain controllers (Machines are 3, 4 & 5 Axis for high speed machining).
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Designing and writing programs for machines from customer drawings
- Selecting cutting tools, speeds & feeds, and advising on inspection methods
- Achieving competitive cycle times in line with industry norms
- Achieving quality levels for products manufactured in the area
- Introducing new components and achieving first article approval with customer
- Machine and tooling preventive maintenance plans
- Maintain health and safety standards for the area.
- Initiate and promote continuous improvement on quality, cycle times and overall yield
- Coach team members and assist in skills development
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ programming and setting machines (post any training or apprenticeship)
- Experienced in programming directly from drawings and solid models
- Offline programming of components using Gibbs Cam design package or similar
- Familiar with above listed CNC Milling machines (or equivalent)
- Familiar with up to 5 Axis machining
- Broad range of experience in machining different materials
- Experience in metal cutting and the latest tooling & cutter concepts
- Precision machining to tolerance (10 microns)
- Experience of high volume manufacturing and meeting production targets
- Ability to perform under minimum direction
- Positive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within organisation
To apply or for further information please contact Aine Doran on 028 907 25629 or apply through the link below.
Key words: CNC, programmer, manufacturing, engineering, job, role, career, opportunity, Dundalk, Co. Louth, full time.Apply for this job.