Commercial Accountant – FMCG
Our Co Monaghan based client has enjoyed a sustained period of growth in the FMCG sector, both organically and by acquisition. As a result an opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious individual to join their Management Accounting Team. This role will provide excellent career prospects and the opportunity to work within the international business environment.
The successful Accountant will develop and manage the preparation of group product costings, weekly group KPI reporting and quarterly group performance forecasting, with any ad hoc reporting as required.
- Support the European Commercial Team in the financial analysis of commercial performance, and in the preparation of financial information used for negotiations and decision-making, including pricing
- Work closely with the Commercial Team and the wider Finance Team to ensure that appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place to achieve maximisation of customer and overall net profit
- Assist in preparation of annual sales budget; Weekly sales forecast reporting
- Analysis and reporting on revenue and volume
- Liaise with Sales and Operations departments in providing management information requirements.
- Input and involvement into the strategy process and delivery of analysis to senior management
- Review commercial proposals
- Planning for contract negotiations with new and existing customers. Develop pricing strategies/plans with account managers
- Ongoing margin analysis, root cause of variances, identification and implementation of corrective actions to prevent repeat incidences
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to deliver value (price and cost).
- Track business wins & losses by customer and by product group.
- Evaluate and manage customer incentive plans (add/maintain/expire rebates and trade promotions).
- Qualified/Part qualified cost accountant with industry experience.
- CIMA qualification/Working towards CIMA qualification.
- Experience of working closely with the commercial function of a business supplying major retailers
- Experience of providing insight and recommendations on profit/margin improvement to commercial teams
- Efficiency driven with a focus on business improvement.
- Highly Proficient Excel User.
- Ability to work to deadlines and in pressurised situations
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to present information professionally and clearly
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business who have gone from strength to strength, and who have continuing plans for development. Salary is in the region of €45 – 50k.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.Apply for this job.