Commercial Sales Manager
Our client is a leading food producer based in Co. Down and due to continued growth they now require a Sales Manager to be part of their senior management team (SMT).
As a member of the SMT, the successful candidate will be responsible, together with Board colleagues, for the strategic leadership, direction and development of the sales function within this successful food manufacturer.
As Sales Manager you will be responsible for identifying new commercial opportunities and driving growth across the island of Ireland.
Through a strategic approach to market and business development, the Senior Sales Manager will significantly shape the development of the business by analysing the market and advising the Board of development opportunities. You will be committed to customer service excellence and will take the lead role in developing and managing both existing and new customer relationships.
The role in brief:
• To develop and implement business development strategies
• To create and develop commercial opportunities to increase revenue
• Ensure the Board of Directors and colleagues are systematically appraised of market opportunities, conditions and associated business developments
• Formulate and implement the marketing strategy
• Develop strong working relationships and understanding within the fresh produce market
• Facilitate highly effective team working through the business development cycles and contract negotiation cycles.
• Ensuring customer requirements are clear and understood; providing feedback to the site all requirements and needs (including close liaison with NPD)
The ideal candidate:
• Proven sales management experience, within the food industry
• Proven experience of working within all categories of the market including major retail multiples
• Demonstrate gravitas and clear intellectual agility to negotiate with buyers and senior executive decision makers
• Ability to communicate clearly with customers and internal departments
• Outstanding organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrates a motivational approach to people management and development
• Very driven by sales with a hunger to succeed
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to travel across Ireland (North & South) and could be located in either jurisdiction
To find out more you can:
Submit a comprehensive CV which clearly demonstrated how you meet the above criteria together with your remuneration expectations though the link here. You can also call Conor MacNamara on 07968160122 / 028 3025 2407 in strict confidence. O’Kane Resourcing are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the employer.