Conference and Banqueting Manager- North Dublin
We are seeking a very professional individual for one of Irelands Five star Resorts and as you would expect this role and working in a team of very dedicated individuals who excel in offering excellent customer satisfaction as our client knows that the customer is king.
The banqueting manager is one of the most high profile roles in a hotel, simply because the conference and banqueting facilities tend to be a rich source of revenue. In this senior role, therefore, you’ll be involved at every level of decision making, from marketing and selling the banqueting space to ensuring that each event runs without a hitch.
This is as much about people as it is about food, so you’ll have to be comfortable dealing with a variety of clients. Some will be professional event organisers who will hire venues for conferences, receptions and exhibitions so there will be repeat business to win. Other clients will be from the general public – perhaps planning a once-in-a-lifetime event, such as a wedding.
Your job is to ensure your team meets the requirements of each client, whether they want a small anniversary party for 50, a glamorous wedding for 120, or a high profile corporate dinner for 600 or more. And in a large hotel or venue, all of those events may be happening on the same day.
- Marketing and selling conference and banqueting facilities
- Manage a team of full time and part-time personnel
- Scheduling reservations
- Operating the facilities profitably
- Planning well so each event runs smoothly
- Checking all bills are paid on time
- Managing your food and beverage team
- Briefing staff and checking the room set-up before the event
- Ensuring the room is turned around, ready for the next event