Construction Programmer – Derry / Donegal
As our client’s business continues to grow and develop, they are looking to recruit an experienced Construction Planner / Programmer , a position that will report to the Commercial Director. The position is based in the Derry City / Donegal area and a background in Commercial Contracts would be beneficial. . Experience in MSP Project / Primavera is essential.
The Planner / Programmer shall:
- Provide and achieve consistent, accurate, reliable and available planning data.
- Develop project and bid programmes with the supporting Method Statement, Logistics Plans
- Develop project programmes to track and progress projects, including critical path analysis and rescheduling.
- Communicate the planned intent both internally and externally.
- Be familiar and fully conversant in Microsoft Project Programming Software Package.
- Produce the Procurement & Information Required Schedules from the Contract Programme.
- Produce Package Tender Programmes to the same minimum level of detail as the Detailed Contract Programme.
- Review and challenge subcontractor programmes, methods and logistics; compare them to the Detailed Contract programme and ensure they are back-to-back.
- Carry out “what-if” scenarios to forward forecast issues that develop during the project / s.
- Keep records of any assumptions or constraints that have been made / assumed to develop the plan and programme.
- Explain the detail of the Delivery Programme to other team members and proactively own with them its achievement.
- Provide reports to Project Manger as required. critical path network and rescheduling.
- Provide programme input into Variation advice.
- Provide short term and special action programmes as needed.
- With the Project Manager and Design Manager ensure that the current programme is in synchronisation with the Design and Construction Delivery programmes.
- Provide detailed package delivery programmes for inclusion in Package Tenders.
- Own the Construction Delivery Programme with the rest of the team and proactively assist to ensure its achievement.
- Check any sub-contractor programmes for compliance with the GRAHAM delivery programme.
- Suggesting retrieval actions or programme betterment opportunities.
- Keep Contract and delivery programmes properly maintained and input client variation works.
- Advise to the project Manager as to the impact of activity slippage even if items apparently not on critical path. (e.g. Increased labour demand etc)
- Ensure there is a detailed commissioning programme prepared as part of the Construction Delivery Programme and that it matches the remainder of the Construction Delivery Programme.
- Track progress and report against the commissioning programme.
- Implement and follow clear planning and programming processes that provide accurate data.
- Ensure the availability of accurate and thorough records.
- Provide support to the Bid & Estimating Departments and input/partake in the Bid finalisation pack and attend bid settlement meeting as requested.
- Input to the bid stage Risk and Opportunities Register.
- Provide detailed programme impact advise as to proposed client variations, VE or cost savings
- Research alternative product or systems in conjunction with the project team.
- Input as required into requests for Extensions of Time.
- Input as requested into the review of any sub-contractor claims and provide detailed planning evidence as to the facts.
- With input from others, ensure the contract and delivery programmes reflect sequences and timings that permit safe construction.
- When on site be aware of safety matters and take action as appropriate
- Ensure the quality procedures in respect to his/her duties are implemented.
- Provide input to Project debrief.
- Introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Periodically review projects with Contracts Manager / Director
This role represents an excellent opportunity to work with one of the premier Contractors in NI . They are offering a fantastic package that will include a top level salary and all accommodation and transport.
For further information , please contact Kevin Mullan in strictest confidence on 028 777 67463.
Expert Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of their client.Apply for this job.