Contract Financial Accountnant
Contract Financial Accountant
County Louth (Close to Newry Border)
Our client is a high tech manufacturing / engineering business with headquarters in Ireland and international operations.
They now have an opportunity for a Contract Financial Accountant to join their County Louth office. The Financial Accountant will provide support for the Finance Accounting Manager in areas including monthly management reporting, year-end statutory reporting, tax filing, budgeting and forecasting. This role will also be responsible for the implementation of process improvement and efficiencies across the finance the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Monthly Financial Accounts
- Completion of monthly financial accounts pack for within tight reporting deadlines.
- Input to and assist in the preparation of the full set of consolidated accounts for the Group on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reporting packs for review and distribution to the management team, Board and external stakeholders.
- Book accruals and other journals on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reconciliations for review on all balance sheet accounts.
Year End Accounting
- Preparation of financial accounts in line with IFRS and local GAAP requirements where applicable.
- Assist in the successful completion of the annual audit.
- Preparation of financial statements for all entities.
- Assist in the preparation & submission of executive team monthly management reports using SAP.
- Respond to ad hoc report requests from within the Group
- Preparation of external grant reporting requirements.
- Prepare analysis of labour and overhead absorption on a monthly basis.
- Draft for review and implement new policies & procedures where required to facilitate process improvement
- Prepare a monthly tax filing report.
- Prepare monthly tax returns.
- Manage Revenue Audit Queries.
- Other responsibilities including foreign exchange, treasury reports
Essential Skill sand Attributes
- 2 years plus post qualification experience within industry required.
- Experience of and proficient in ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle etc)
- Strong interest in business, with background in fast moving Construction, Engineering or Manufacturing Environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills are critical as the role involves regular communication through all levels of the
Salary €45,000 – €55,000 depending on experience
Apply online or Contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection on 02890 339968Apply for this job.