Garden Escapes (Ireland) Ltd are a leading design & build company based in Ballynahinch, Co. Down. We specialise in the provision of children’s playgrounds and fitness areas for local authorities, schools, nurseries, developers, and contractors.
Due to continued growth, Garden Escapes are considering making the position of Contracts Manager available to an appropriate candidate on a full or part-time basis.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for overseeing and delivering all aspects of contracts from point of order through to completion.
- Prepare and manage programmes of work, co-ordination of equipment delivery, installation teams and site work.
- Appoint and supervise subcontractors for the installation of playground equipment and associated groundworks and agree costs in line with budgets.
- Ensure that the installation conforms to current regulations i.e. BS EN Standards and is in accordance with design specifications.
- Liaise with customers by telephone, email and attend meetings.
- Assist the Sales & Design Team in executing site surveys, and set out the sites in accordance with specific drawings and customer requirements.
- Prepare quotations for any additional work required by the client.
- Issue all the necessary paperwork to the subcontractors prior to commencing work on site i.e. drawings and specific details on equipment to be installed.
- Arrange delivery of equipment from suppliers to yard and to site.
- Ensure that the contract is completed on time, and attend site with the customer to sign-off completion of works and execute any works outstanding, to customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the office is informed as to the status of all outstanding live contracts.
- Assist the SHEQ Manager in the preparation of Health and Safety / Risk Assessment / Method Statement documents.
- Carryout routine inspection of various play & fitness equipment
- Carryout minor repairs & maintenance of play & fitness equipment and delivery of small parts to clients
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of contracts management or project management within a construction or installations environment.
- Knowledge of construction practices (groundworks, levels, drainage, landscaping would be an advantage) and familiarity with industry health and safety practices.
- Good negotiator (able to negotiate with contractors, suppliers for the best price for the work required).
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy, quality and organisation.
- Customer focused, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Computer literate, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Construction related degree
- Experience within the play or sports industry
- Experience & knowledge of AutoCAD
- Category E trailer license
- Job appropriate CSR Card (black preferably)
If you would like to express an interest in this role please send your CV with a covering letter, stating how you meet the above requirements, and details of your current/aspiring remuneration package to the person below. Any questions relating to the role or the company can also be sent by email.
Garden Escapes (Ireland) Ltd
43C Ballycreen Road
Email: Richard@gardenescapesni.comApply for this job.