Cpl are delighted to be working with a leading engineering firm in the north west to appoint a Senior Controls Engineer.
The role which is based in Derry City may involve travel as the company is proven to be very succesful in international markets. This is a company that promotes and encourages both innovation and personal development.
As a PLC Programmer / Control Systems Engineer/ Automation Engineer you will work as part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for engineering innovative control system designs for various automation projects for various clients and industry sectors. This exciting role will be technical hands on driving forward the development of the control systems for multiple automation projects.
– To create new control system software.
– To maintain and modify existing control system software.
– To provide breakdown support for existing and new systems (including out of hours).
– To provide sufficient documentation of control systems to enable future modifications by other control system engineers.
– Be instrumental during the design, installation and commissioning phase, ensure controls standards and specifications meet their requirements
– Provide crisis maintenance and breakdown support.
– To provide backups of any control system software changes.
– To provide training for operators, technicians and other control system engineers as required.
– Planning and delivering commercial automation projects and reporting on budget and progress to the Manager of Project Operations
– Provide guidance and leadership to junior engineers on all matters relating to commissioning, and systems acceptance of the electrical systems and components required to control & automation in line with project and customer requirements.
– A minimum of ONC, BTEC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other appropriate job related experience
– Understanding of Controls theory with hands on experience
– The ability to understand electrical control panel drawings
– The ability to travel globally
– Competitive Salary
– 30 days paid holidays
– Early finish on a Friday at 3pm
– Birthday leave
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Childcare Voucher Scheme
For further details please contact Daithí on 028 71 867666 or 07881870185. Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this job.