Full Time Hours
Competitive Rates of Pay
Our client is a long established, family owned and operated business who have been serving traditional food for over 2 generations in Letterkenny.
Due to ongoing expansion and continued success, they currently have a permanent full-time opportunity for a skilled Cook, to join their motivated team.
This business operates mainly daytime hours 6 days per week and the selected candidate will be required to work shifts to cover Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Working as part of a close-knit team you will be an integral part of this busy daytime café and responsible for preparing and cooking delicious meals according to the menu.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance the already strong reputation so this business can retain its strong standing for quality and service in the local food industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read food order slips and prepare and cook food according to instructions
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils before and after use and maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity, and ensure the presentation of food at front of house to maintain high standards
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases
- Order and take delivery of supplies
- Know the menu thoroughly and be able to make each dish on the menu
- Meet with owner periodically to discuss progress, ideas and developments
- Co-ordinate with other kitchen and floor staff and be prepared to undertake any other duties as directed by management
- The ideal candidate will have previous substantial experience working in a similar fast-paced kitchen environment
- You will have the highest standards in both food preparation and hygiene
- You must have an excellent attitude
- You can work swiftly, efficiently and work well under pressure
- Must be a real team player, with a respectful and positive outlook
- Must have a “customer focused” approach that aims to please
- Applications from those who have completed food related courses and /or qualifications such as HACCAP would be desirable
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Apply for this job.