Cyber Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analyst – Penetration Tester
Does hacking systems sound interesting to you?
Are you a highly-motivated individual with a passion for cyber security? Do you have the drive to continuously grow and further develop your career?
My client, a leading financial service company is currently seeking to hire an enthusiastic individual to join their cyber security team as a cyber security analyst. This will mean analyzing vulnerabilities and detecting potential exploits and translating this into actions that mitigate or remove any potential risks. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual that enjoys a hands-on approach to security and enjoys working in a highly technical environment.
Main responsibilities of the cyber security analyst:
- Perform in depth web application penetration testing and vulnerability testing
- Report and documentation of new findings and practices
- Manual Testing
- Conduct vulnerability scanning and analysis and data analysis
- Assist in the development of application security by research new trends, technologies and techniques
- Maintain customer relations and can explain findings to both technical and non-technical people
Key Attributes of the cyber security analyst:
- BSc or MSc in cyber forensics/science/security or relevant working experience (3+ years)
- Background in web application security testing
- A background in development is an advantage
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of open source technologies (KALI, SNORT)
- Understanding of tools and techniques used by ethical hackers including vulnerability scanners and network mapping tools.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems
Industry certification such as: CEH, OSCP, GSEC, GIAC are a strong advantage
If you are looking for your next career move or thinking of moving into the cyber security space I would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the cyber security analyst role, please contact John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on 01525 3404 or submit your CV online.
Keywords – cyber security, networking, software security, encryption, security analyst, application security, penetration testing, OWASP, Waterford
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.Apply for this job.