The below role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn’t of interest to you. As we specialise only in the Engineering sector a number of our Engineering/Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won’t find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!
We are proud to be representing one of Irelands Leading employers whom through a long period of growth are adding to the supply chain department in the form of a Demand Planner.
This is a key role within the business and the Demand Planner will report to the General Manager, focusing on sales forecasting and waste reduction plans.
Job Title: Demand Planner
- Create our financial forecast
- Capacity plan and manage our labour
- Production plan our factories
- Procure our raw materials and packaging
- Responsible for facilitating the monthly forecast review meetings with all commercial teams, ensuring alignment and incorporation of all commercial / marketing intelligence.
- Responsible for providing “volume input” and “volume intelligence” into Weekly Sales Meetings and Monthly “Go To Market” category meetings
- Responsible for daily demand management
- Daily review of orders versus forecast.
- Creation of a daily spilt profile which best suits the specific business / category.
- Key role in the management of supply risks – CSL or Waste (MLOR decisions).
- Accountable for understanding all drivers of inaccuracy in forecasting metrics, specifically forecast accuracy (MAPE) and forecast bias and driving continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the “exceptional demand process” between commercial teams and site teams – assessment of new opportunities, capability to deliver and conduit of decisions
- Responsible for interfacing & building of SCP&L relationships with our customers Forecasting alignment.
- Customer collaboration initiatives.
- Launch plans.
- Management of supply risks.
- Leads key initiatives from a demand planning perspective which are aligned to the overall category objectives.
- Fact based information presented clearly and concisely.
- Understanding of stakeholders and their requirements – strength in listening.
- Strong customer facing skills
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills – ability to influence cross functionally, across multiple levels within the business and with customers.
- Attention to detail with an ability to adapt / present for various stakeholder requirements.
- Demonstrates an ethos of continuous improvement
- Time management skills – has the ability to correctly allocate time in line with business requirements of the role.
- Ability to facilitate governance sessions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with all key internal stakeholders and customers to deliver on category & business objectives.
- Demand planning experience in a similar role at a similar level required.
- Relevant Third Level Degree or equivalent.
For further information on this contract role contact us on 02890313720 or send a current CV using the link below in strict confidence
Vickerstock operates as both an employment agency and employment business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless race, age, sex, disability or religious belief. All applications are handled in strict confidence. For further information on the services we supply please visit our websiteApply for this job.