Design Engineer – Co Louth
Design Engineer – Co Louth
A lot of organisations talk about career changing opportunities, but they tend to be a let down and instead of a career development candidates find its a severe case of same old same old. This company however is the real deal. Career advancement opportunities are a given with this employer, provided of course you keep up your end of the bargain. This company’s manufacturers equipment for the global Oil and Gas markets
- Working in a busy design environment and calling on previous design engineering experience, you will utilise 3D Design and manufacturing packages (drawings and BOMs) for New and current products. – Ideally Solidworks but other packages such as Pro-Eare acceptable
- Collaborating closely with multiple stakeholders, you will help to solution problems at the root cause, quickly and effectively.
- As a design engineer, your responsibility will also be to ensure that products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
Why Join this Company
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a very successful, professional and high skills base engineering design team – your skills learning curve will be steep!
- Opportunity to work on genuine, new design projects – from inception to completion
- Work on world class, award winning product range – sold globally
- Opportunities to work overseas and grow your career
- Amazing package including bonus, pension, healthcare, stock option plan, on site car parking, canteen facilities
Technically, you are………
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering, ideally with design experience in heavy equipment or large mechanical product design.
- You must have strong 3D Solid Modelling CAD, Ideally Solidworks and familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- Good technical knowledge of mechanical electrical and hydraulic systems
- Successful completion of a Mechanical Engineering or relevant degree;
- A minimum of 5 years design experience in a manufacturing environment using a 3D CAD package (ideally Pro Engineer) with experience in FEA (Pro Mechanica or Ansys);
- 5 years designing steel structures, mechanical assemblies and systems;
Your Soft Skills Are………
- Highly motivated engineer who likes to push boundaries and learn with excellent communication skills, you will be fully conversant on modern design practices and “Lean” manufacturing techniques.
- A skillful team player, can listen effectively
- A Multi-tasker
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
Key Words; Louth, degree, design engineer, mechanical design engineer, 3D Modelling, Pro-E, Soild Works, CAD, AutoCADApply for this job.