Director of Sales and Marketing
Director of Sales and Marketing
Grafton are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the hospitality sector for a tenacious and commercially driven Director of Sales and Marketing. The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for the overall Sales and Marketing of the Hotel, harmonising the culture, mission, and quality standards to assure maximised potential. This person must create an exceptional climate of professional & personable service that ensures the long-term satisfaction of team members, guests and owners.
• Oversee annual Sales and Marketing Budget and supporting assumptions for owners and banks.
• Develop annual Sales and Marketing Plan for the Hotel, starting with day by day Market Segmentation Plan.
• Coordinate tradeshow activity with the Corporate Office.
• Develop and implement property Sales SOP’s, including training manuals.
• Manage lead sources to ensure quality and quantity of leads.
• Develop Public Relations Plan and hold bi-weekly calls with PR Company.
• Develop Marketing Partnerships that enhance the brand.
• HR procedures, including involvement in the following: recruitment, training, disciplining, handling transfers, employee performance reviews and promotions within the Department.
• Ensure the Service Standards are maintained through the employees.
• Oversee Sales and Catering PACE reports.
• Involvement in monthly forecast projections with General Manager and Director of Finance.
• Develop individual SMART plans for the Sales & Marketing Team.
• Measure team’s performance and goals as identified in annual SMART plans and administer and audit annual Incentive Compensation Plans.
• Complete the monthly Ownership Recap Report.
• Complete monthly and annual Sales Department Profit and Loss critiques.
• Oversee the overall functioning of the Sales Office.
• Coordinate Hotel promotions.
• Work with Creative Services, design & print collateral.
• Establish Loyalty & Customer Relationship Management initiatives that are integrated with Revenue Management.
• Review all Sales Group contracts with General Manager and Director of Finance prior to authorisation to ensure Terms and Conditions meet brand standards and conform with the annual Sales and Marketing plan coupled with the Hotel’s long term growth objectives.
• Ensure signed contracts are actioned by Reservations to ensure all terms and conditions are complied with.
• Manage Travel Agent commissions for Group and Transient business.
• Develop Marketing Programs that drive traffic through the Reservations service.
• Identify Yield Management Programs & practices including Profit Management Systems, Catering Systems, Revenue Management Systems and online systems as well as other relevant platforms.
• Oversee the Revenue Manager and the Reservations team. Monitor and advise Hotel on rate structures and selling strategies. Lead the weekly Revenue Meeting.
• Attend and contribute to all other meetings, conference calls as required.
• Work with the IT creative firms to develop Web Page Marketing for online Reservations.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships within the business and social communities.
• Travel to Trade Shows and Sales calls off property.
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a 4 or 5 star Hotel.
• A detailed and proven track record in Sales within the hospitality industry.
• US, European and Domestic experience.
• Proven experience in creating, developing and coaching successful Sales teams.
• Experience in managing and leading a team.
• Ability to handle any pressure situations that may arise.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excel.
• Proficient in the use of systems such as Saber, Rainmaker, Springer Miller/Opera and Delphi.
• Strong business acumen and outstanding negotiation skills.
• Target focused.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and hard working.
• University degree in Sales and or Marketing, or any education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Good knowledge of the Irish market.Apply for this job.