Editorial Manager – Dundalk – Full Time Permanent
Our International client is seeking to recruit an experienced Editorial Manager who is living in Ireland/ UK who can commute to their Dundalk office. This position is a full time Permanent post. The successful candidate will carry the role of Editorial Manager. The main responsibility will be to generally oversee all the aspects of content for publication by supervising and allocating the work between him/ herself, content manager, team members with specific domain knowledge feeding into content, other authors and reporters. The Editorial Manager will have previous experience from pharmaceutical industry and is more than capable to produce a solid medical/ clinical abstracts together with other domain experts in or outside the company.
There is a possibility owing to our client’s “virtual organization” philosophy, that this position offers the advantage of home based work and flexible working hours, within the boundaries of business needs and client expectations.
Along with editorial management, the successful candidate will also be responsible for undertaking the following duties:
- Develop, manage and execute the editorial strategies within all editorial content to increase readership and generate leads
- Lead and manage the development of content including articles, blogs, e-newsletters, press releases, infographics in conjunction with the CEO, content and marketing teams
- Manage the overall editorial production schedule
- Ensure the production of optimal and aligned editorial and marketing content
- Manage the execute the entire editorial process standards and guidelines
- Actively research the editorial stories through internal and external sources
- Manage staff and ensure that the allocated work is completed within the given time
- Recruit outsourced editors as needed by interviewing them.
Qualifications and Experience
- Background in Editorial in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- He/she holds a Bachelor/Masters/PhD in the relevant field
- He/she has approximately two years of experience in the pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert in organizational and management skills.
- Creative and confident
- Expert research and accuracy skills.
- Expert in managing time and completing the allocated work within the given time frame.
- Knowledge of internet marketing, social media and public relations strategic messaging
- Ability to work for flexible hours independently
- Ability to work even in pressurized situations.
If you would like to apply for this role, in the strictest of confidence, please send us your CV to the link provided or contact Susan Handcock at Task Recruitment Ltd tel: 02890 421047Apply for this job.