Cpl are delighted to be working with a leading engineering firm in the north west to appoint an Electrician.
The role which is based in Derry City may involve travel as the company is proven to be very succesful in international markets. This is a company that promotes and encourages both innovation and personal development.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be involved in the assembly, wiring, maintenance and repair of a variety of automation projects or components/sub-sections thereof for various clients and industry sectors and ensure that the activities are completed safely, efficiently and to a high standard.
– The physical assembly, wiring, troubleshooting and testing of electrical control panels, Automation Equipment or Industrial Machines.
– The test and inspection of fixed wire installations across commercial sites
– Plans, schedules, conducts assigned electrical work; monitors work for compliance.
– Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects
– Recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
– Carry out electrical work in domestic, commercial, industrial buildings, including consumer unit changes, electrical rewires, wiring upgrades, minor works repairs and fault finding.
– To undertake testing of all portable and fixed electrical equipment.
– To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss works etc.
– Dimensionally layout back panels and externally mounted devices
– Mount devices to back panels and enclosures using a variety of methods
– Install and terminate large quantities of Low Voltage, Extra Low Voltage and Data Cable systems.
– Point to point wiring of internal panel components such as PLCs, relays, motor starters, reduced voltage starters and VFDs
– Setup, testing and shipment of automation systems
– City and Guilds 17th Edition;
– At least 1 year experience working in a relevant working environment;
– Willingness to travel for short periods of time within the UK, ROI and globally;
– Willing to work flexibly, evenings and weekends may be required.
– Previous work experience within automation industry
– Previous experience in 3 phase systems
– Previous experience of motors and conveyors
– Competitive Salary
– 30 days paid holidays
– Early finish on a Friday at 3pm
– Birthday leave
– Contributory Pension Scheme after 3 months’ service
– Childcare Voucher Scheme
For further details please contact Daithí on 028 71 867666 or 07881870185. Email : email@example.comApply for this job.