• Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
• Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment – Must be experienced in Pneumatics, Hydraulics, PLCs.
• Technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
• Input to and carry out Preventive & Predictive Maintenance routines
• Support Production Teams in Achieving Targets
• Closely monitor line and machine performance.
• Intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
• Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations & modifications.
• To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgement on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
• To keep clean any areas in which you are working, including any transit areas to and from the workshop, including the workshop.
• Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies.
• Update the maintenance management system, records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out.
• Troubleshooting using PLC programs
Key performance measures: Examples include: Downtime due to maintenance, Maintenance cost/Kg, Health & Safety and reporting
• Trades qualification.
• Mechanical/Electrical background. Main skill in Electrical / Mechanical
• Multi-skilled/cross-skilled ethos
• Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience – gained in a hi-volume environment.
• Good team player that can use their initiative. Computer skills an advantage
To be considered for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lyn on 02890 339968Apply for this job.