Employer Services Consultant
Employer Services Consultant
Salary Not Disclosed
Hours are full-time, Mon – Fri
Our client is a market leading training provider with a proven track record in delivering results for their clients allowing them to sustain their objectives through their training, employment and consultancy services.
They work with hundreds of subcontractors, delivery partners and specialist support organisations creating effective and diverse supply chains to deliver high quality employment, training and IT solutions for learners, jobseekers and employers alike.
They provide services to over 150,000 clients every year, working with over 100 partner organisations to deliver high quality, personalised support to help individuals achieve their ambitions and improve their lives.
They are seeking talented individuals to join their team, who enjoy operating in a target driven environment and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
As an Employer Services Consultant, you will be responsible for sourcing job opportunities for your delivery centre, which in turn will be filled by clients, who have been long term unemployed.
The role is not simply about looking for jobs in the open market, but identifying target employers, building trusting relationships, understanding their business, influencing their recruitment practices to create opportunities for the long term unemployed.
You will represent our client in the local market, building awareness of our business offering through cold calling, canvassing and networking through local employer representation groups. You will also secure a pipeline of vacancies for clients.
- You will manage employer expectations
- You will support their recruitment agendas
- You will ensure they work with us time and again by operating as a true business partner
- You will work with your colleagues feeding in intelligence about the local labour market conditions and vacancy pipeline to ensure that employability activities delivered in the centre equips clients with the skills and attributes needed to compete in the local labour market
- In centre, you will provide a recruitment desk service – working alongside our Employment Advisers to prepare clients for interview and match and market them to vacancies.
- You will support with CV workshops, selection and interview events, interview preparation and feedback after the interview process
- You will deliver an exceptional level of customer service at all times to both clients and employers, ensuring that targets, KPI’s, processes, procedure, quality benchmarks and compliance standards are met
Applicants selected for interview should be confident in their capacity to demonstrate:
- Leaving Certificate standard (as a minimum)
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a recruitment, sales, marketing and/or customer facing role ideally with exposure to cold calling and/or account management
- Experience of working in a target orientated environment with a demonstrable track record of achieving and beating targets
- Positive, enthusiastic approach to problem solving with a ‘can do attitude’
- A genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of the long term unemployed and alignment with organisational vision and values
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, organise and manage workload and take a flexible and adaptable approach to changing priorities
- A confident Self- Starter, good questioning and listening skills with the ability to identify opportunities and influence outcomes
- Clear and concise written skills
- Excellent IT skills with demonstrable experience of using MS Office software and CRM systems
- A relevant third level degree is desirable
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the of the local labour market and local contacts would be an advantage
Closing date for applications is 24th February 2017 at 5pm
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.