Job Ref. No. JO2777
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Until Mar. 31st 2018
Salary €27270 Per Annum
Hours – 37.5 hrs per week, Mon. to Fri.
Our client was established in 1989 and specialises in the delivery of back to work and employability initiatives. As a result of continued growth, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Employment Advisor to work within their Monaghan branch.
To support unemployed clients, through barrier identification and resolution, to enable the client to enter the employment market, undertaking effective job matching activities resulting in job outcomes and identifying sustainable employment opportunities for clients. To ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through follow up contact with employers, clients and other involved parties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage a caseload of clients on a one-to-one and group settings dependent on the client journey
- To carry out in depth client assessments to evaluate job readiness and the appropriate level of support required
- To conduct job search via newspapers & Internet
- To prepare C.V.’s and cover letters to a high-quality standard
- To provide clients with job application guidance
- To coach and prepare clients for job interviews
- To identify and coordinate a range of recruitment and selection strategies to secure employment for clients
- To support clients in job search, job matching and sustainability of employment on a one-to-one basis and in group sessions
- To be a source of expert advice regarding employer and vacancy expectations
- To liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure service levels are maintained
- To ensure that relationships are maintained with key internal partners including the Vacancy Facilitator and Employer Engagement Officer
- Communicate effectively with clients who have different needs. e.g. learning difficulties, mental health problems, ex-offenders
- To accurately maintain relevant IT systems and produce accurate and timely management information
- To ensure that all documentation relating to the client is completed and maintained in an accurate, timely and respectful manner
- To adhere to and uphold the company’s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times including Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Lone Working, Confidentiality etc. and provide these policies to clients
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and maintain quality client records on the system so that they outline the client’s journey on the programme
- Be target driven, ensuring all client and organisational targets/standards are achieved and consistently achieve set individual objectives, targets and K.P.I.’s
- To demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and to promote the welfare of all stakeholders
- To undertake CPD activities which enhance individual and organisational performance, maintaining/developing relevant skills to the highest professional standards
- To participate in team meetings and contribute to the achievement of the overall company objectives
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives
Essential Criteria Required:
- Leaving Cert (or equivalent) with a min C or above in 5 subjects to include English and Mathematics
- Min 2 years’ experience in a recruitment, sales, training or customer facing role
- Min 1 years’ experience of having consistently met and exceeded targets in a target orientated role
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Good knowledge of the local labour market
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes with vehicle insured for work related purposes
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage own workload and prioritise essential/key tasks to meet needs of the business
- Self-motivated and resilient with a desire to succeed
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Organisational skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others
- Empathic and approachable
- Innovative with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible to meet the demands of the business
Criteria – Desirable:
- A third level degree in a related discipline
- Min 1 years’ experience working with unemployed/economically inactive individuals/clients
- Experience of completing and assessing personal progression plans
- Experience gained within the recruitment industry or training sector
- Experience of conducting group presentations
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Thursday 28th September 2017
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “Word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review.
All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.