Employment Advisor, JO2580
€27270 Per Annum
Our client was established in 1989 to address the skills and employment needs of those living in the Magherafelt area. Since then it has won and successfully delivered several major training programmes. With a staff team of 110 it is now a major employer in its own right. They are currently one of the top performers in Northern Ireland in terms of Back to Work/employability initiatives.
As a result of continued growth and ongoing development they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Employment Advisor for the Jobpath Programme launched across Ireland. JobPath service helps jobseekers to secure work by providing employment advice, assisting in job-search and providing access to work experience and further education and training opportunities.
To support unemployed clients, through barrier identification and resolution, to enable the client to enter the employment market, undertaking effective job matching activities resulting in job outcomes and identifying sustainable employment opportunities for clients. Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through follow up contact with employers, clients and other involved parties.
- To manage a caseload of clients on a one-to-one and group settings dependent on the client journey
- Carrying out in depth client assessments to evaluate job readiness and the appropriate level of support required
- To conduct job search via newspapers & internet
- Prepare CV’s and cover letters to a high quality standard
- Provide clients with job application guidance
- Coach and prepare clients for job interviews
- To identify and coordinate a range of recruitment and selection strategies to secure employment for clients
- To support clients in job search, job matching and sustainability of employment on a one-to-one basis and in group sessions
- To be a source of expert advice regarding employer and vacancy expectations
- To liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure service levels are maintained
- To ensure that relationships are maintained with key internal partners including the vacancy facilitator and employer engagement officer
- To accurately maintain relevant IT systems and produce accurate and timely management information
- To ensure that all documentation relating to the client is completed and maintained in an accurate, timely and respectful manner
- To maintain quality client records on the system so that they outline the client’s journey on the programme
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures
- To meet own individual objectives & targets
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives
- To adhere to Client’s Code of Conduct and policies and procedures at all times
- Consistently achieve set targets and K.P.I.s
- Employer engagement
- To demonstrate and uphold Client’s values at all times
- To demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and to promote the welfare of all stakeholders
- To maintain the responsibility of data protection, ensuring an awareness of all Company policies and procedures relating to data protection and to adhere to any instruction(s) given pertaining to this.
- Leaving Cert or equivalent (with a min grade c or above in 5 subjects)
- Minimum of one-year experience in a sales, recruitment, training or customer facing role
- Experience of working in a target orientated environment with a demonstrable track record of consistently achieving targets
- Competent in the use of I.T. – including MS Office applications and databases
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Able to demonstrate success in building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external customers
Behaviours, Skills & Capabilities:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of the local labour market
- Attention to detail
- Innovative with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a desire to succeed
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others
- Good time management skills
- Approachable, empathic and compassionate
- Open-minded and impartial team player
Closing date for applications is the 27th of April 2017 at 5pm.
All successful candidates will be subject to a Garda Vetting/Clearance check and offers of employment will be made on this basis.
Incomplete applications shall not be accepted and failure to demonstrate meeting the essential criteria will result in the application being unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage.
All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.