Employment Engagement Officer
Employment Engagement Officer (EEO)
€29,290 Pro Rata
Full time Hours (37.5), Maternity Cover Position
JO REF No: JO2517
Our client was established in 1989 to address the skills and employment needs of those living in the Magherafelt area. Since then it has won and successfully delivered several major training programmes. With a staff team of 80+ it is now a major employer in its own right. Our client is currently one of the top performers in Northern Ireland in terms of Back to Work/employability initiatives.
Their major key strength is the expertise of the team who work in the company. They have a very low staff turnover with a strong emphasis on Continuous Personal Development. Staff are committed and enthusiastic about their work and those who are client facing have a strong empathy with their target groups.
They now wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Employment Engagement Officer (EEO) for the Job Path Programme, this is a maternity cover position.
To create effective relationships with the local business community in order to secure job placements, employment opportunities and encourage on-site employer partnerships. To work closely with the other team members across the contract catchment area to ensure the consistent achievement of KPI’s, targets and client expectation.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with new and existing employers to generate vacancies for Network Personnel clients.
- Set up, book and attend appointments and meetings with employers to source potential opportunities
- Consistently achieve individual monthly and team targets
- Network with potential employers, recruitment agencies and trade bodies
- Work closely within the Job Path team and communicate effectively in order to ensure employment opportunities and work placements are filled.
- Ensure that clients are appropriately matched to employer vacancies
- Ensure all vacancies and client requirements are input and maintained on internal MI and CRM systems
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the regional labour market and employers and be aware of national labour market trends and developments, providing accurate information to colleagues
- Ensure all clients are fully prepared for interview- attire, conduct etc.
- Support the company in growing the wider employability provision
- Attend and contribute to weekly operational meetings
- Adhere to the Lead Contractor’s procedures and key processes at all times
- Report accurately daily, weekly, monthly performance and activity to Branch Manager
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports to Management as and when requested.
- Comply with Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities policies and provide these policies to employers and learners with whom the Company works
Core Skills and Experience Required:
- Recruitment/Sales background
- Account Management background
- High levels of time management and planning ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Knowledge of local and regional labour market and knowledge of employment trends, business threats and opportunities, also commercially aware.
- Able to demonstrate success in building and maintaining effective business relationships with internal and external customers, maximising business opportunities
- Demonstrate continued success of having met and exceeded stretching targets in a sales role
- Self motivated with the ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative with the ability to take initiative and implement new procedures as required
- Previous knowledge of Government funded programmes would be advantageous
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a desire to succeed
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office software packages.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Full driving licence
- 3rd Level Qualification in a relevant discipline
- Leaving Cert – Maths and English at Grade C or above
Previous sales/recruitment experience
Unless a closing date is detailed / stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also mean that a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Closing date 23rd January 2017 at 5pm
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role, please read the following instructions;
Please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, or any other grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
Apply for this job.