Our client, a global, leading food manufacturer who invests heavily in their people, has employed the services of Vickerstock to appoint an Engineering Leader. This is a senior role within the business for an experienced food innovator.
- Asset Management: Maintain the Kerry asset management system & apply maintenance best practise principles. These include Design Out, Condition Based Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, and Fixed Time Routines
- Planning & Scheduling: Prioritise, plan and schedule all work. Shift the balance of work from reactive to proactive. Create plans to manage new product introduction, capital projects and shutdowns. Continuous Improvement: Use key performance indicators and manufacturing data (OEE, MTBF, Planning, Effectiveness and Cost etc.) to identify gaps and create quarterly strategic plans. Use 8 step practical problem solving methodology to implement the best solutions. Team Development: To develop and manage a High Performing multi-skilled team.
- Quality: Ensure the engineering activity in the Production Stream conforms to quality standards Environment: To ensure that engineering activity in the Production Stream conforms to ISO14001 standard. To continually strive to reduce the environmental impact through the reduction of energy use and the reduction of waste generation.
- Knowledge Management: To maintain and develop technical database containing all shared learning from routine and preventative maintenance activities.
- To routinely communicate engineering related Production Stream information to the site management team, and to other Production Stream management.
- Relevant third level engineering qualification or time served apprenticeship
- Strong background in formal Problem solving
- Proven people management experience.
- Documentation Systems knowledge
- Maintenance Systems
- Proven track record in a manufacturing environment
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal skills
Consultant: Gareth Miller