Our client is a leading manufacturer in the FMCG sector. Controlled growth and new business wins have prompted the need to revise the senior leadership structure, with the appointment of a new Engineering Manager.
Reporting directly to the COO, and with day-to-day responsibility for engineering within their Drogheda site, the successful Engineering Manager will maximise the operation of assets in a reliable and safe manner by providing leadership, direction and management of all engineering activities on site.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance strategy, monitoring the effectiveness of all maintenance activities
- Develop the skill set and training plans of the Engineering group
- Monitor and report on plant and equipment OEE, usage and capacity
- Develop and monitor performance KPIs and department metrics and present to key plant stakeholders as required
- Prepare maintenance budget, control spend and report on status
- Propose capital expenditure projects designed to improve OEE and reduce overall maintenance costs
- Provide engineering leadership for efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects
- Contribute to cost reduction programmes on strategic purchasing of existing and new products
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives that will sustain and promote the continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Develop the processes for data collection and analysis of product failures and deliver root cause failure analysis
- Set the direction and strategy for the management of maintenance for each site
- Work with Procurement and Logistics groups on the control of equipment spare
- Ensure all work is executed in line with health and safety and quality system requirements
- Third level qualification in Engineering (ideally mechanical or similar)
- 10+ years’ experience of maintenance related work in high-volume industries (5 years in supervisory/management)
- Extensive hands-on experience of staff development, engagement and change management
- Self-directed, excellent communication skills on technical lead subjects
- Ability to form relationships with stakeholders and work with cross functional teams, up to and including board level
Salary is in the region of €55 – 60k + bonus.
This is a genuinely superb opportunity to join a business who have enjoyed sustained growth and profitability.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.Apply for this job.