Engineering Manager (Food Ingredients)
Our client is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of high quality food products. Due to sustained growth across global markets they have been able to invest in state of the art manufacturing facilities at sites both in NI and around the border counties of ROI. A key management position has now arisen within their engineering team for an Engineering Manager (Food Ingredients). The person will report to the Operations Manager (Food Ingredients) and will mainly cover the ROI border sites (Cavan/Monaghan).
- Lead a dynamic team of engineering managers, technicians and external contractors across the Food Ingredients business units to continuously improve plant OEE
- Design and implement a live PM system which takes due account of all PM required across the sites for use by technicians and at the same time meet customer audit requirements
- Assist in diagnosing problems and reaching cost effective solutions
- Ensure all engineering functions across sites comply with customer quality standards
- Manage engineering projects across the FI business – developing a culture of continuous improvement across the engineering function
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of annual engineering budgets
- Ensure all engineering activities are conducted in compliance with the relevant health & safety standards
This is an important management role, suitable candidates will have excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills and are likely to possess the following:-
- Educated to Degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Possess at least 7 years’ experience at a similar level within a food manufacturing environment
- Be conversant and experienced in Lean manufacturing principles and tools – Six Sigma Green Belt or higher will be an advantage
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Sean Metrustry (Director) on 028 9446 2620.
Key words: Engineering Manager, Senior Engineering Manager, Engineering, Manufacturing, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Engineer, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing.Apply for this job.