Environmental Health and Safety Officer (Louth – 32-36k)
Environmental Health and Safety Officer (Louth . £32-36k)
Our Client is a large established international manufacturing company. This role is a standalone position, reporting directly to the Plant Manager. The successful person will be responsible for everything environmental and health & safety for the site.
Environmental Health and Safety Officer: Job Purpose:
Provide leadership and advice to the Company, Management & Associates, on matters relating to occupational health and safety (OSH) to ensure the organisation complies with its legal requirements and implements safe and healthy working practices. In addition, the EHS officer will provide leadership to ensure site compliance with all relevant regulatory standards.
Environmental Health and Safety Officer: Responsibilities:
Health & Safety:
- Monitors Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and developments in order to keep the organisation up to date. Liaise with Corporate OSH, the Health and Safety Authority Officers and others as required
- As per the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 to comply with the requirements of ?competent person' i.e. to have sufficient training, experience and knowledge appropriate to the work requirements
- Schedules and leads site EHS meetings and follows through on assigned actions through to completion
- Maintains appropriate records and analysis data on accidents, reports etc. to ensure that accurate information is available to Management and outside agencies
- Provide leadership and guidance to relevant management and employees with investigating near misses, incidents and accidents to discover the root causes so that appropriate actions may be taken to prevent re-occurrence
- Drives the organisation's OSH program in conjunction with other Management and Associates
- Co-ordinates the preparation, compilation and review of the Safety Statement
- Ensure risk assessments are reviewed and updated as required for all areas across the site
- Co-ordinates the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards
- Conducts regular announced and unannounced Safety Inspections to ensure that all departments are complying with the terms of the Safety Statement. Maintain records and assists the appropriate manager in planning corrective action
- Liaises with other departments (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering etc.) on purchases of equipment, articles and substances and with others as needed to ensure appropriate OSH standards are maintained
- Actively participates in Project Teams/Groups established to introduce new technologies and programs to ensure that OSH is considered in the Project Planning process
- Actively participates in designing and delivering the Company OSH training program in conjunction with the HR and training advisors
- Liaises closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures within the organisation to ensure, so far as possible, the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations
- Liaise with fire consultants and training service providers where appropriate.
- Organises general fire safety training and co-ordinates ERT training
- Liaise with plant Safety Representatives on a regular basis to consider OSH issues and communicate openly on existing or forthcoming OSH issues
- Co-ordinate activities of first aiders and organise first aid training on a periodic basis
- Carry's out training of associates on such topics as chemical handling, manual handling, and ergonomic aspects in relation to V.D.U. operation
- Communicate with the site Leadership Team either directly or through regular EHS meetings on any safety concerns or issues
- Prepare the site for Corporate PVP assessment process.
- Align the site safety management system with the ISO 18001 structure.
- Assist the Facilities Engineer with the maintenance of ISO14001:2004
- Manage the site's environmental legal register and identify any areas of non-conformity with current or pending legislation
- Prepare and implement measurable environmental programmes for energy, water, materials, air, noise and waste. Align programmes with Corporate expectations and metrics.
- Prepare site for PVP assessment.
- Maintain ISO14000 system using the current Corporate management database, prepare transition to new Corporate database system. Update and maintain the site's policy, aspects and impacts register
- Maintain and establish metrics to track environmental performance and use this information to guide the development of future projects for continuous improvement.
- Champion environmental management team and focus the teams efforts on tangible environmental improvements
- Engage all associates in environmental compliance and improvement through ongoing communication of goals.
- Assist in the development, implementation and on-going up-keep of emergency response plans (pandemic, injury, fire, security, chemical, business continuity)
Environmental Health and Safety Officer: Essential:
- 3rd level qualification in Environmental, Safety, Health and Welfare and/or extensive relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 year's work experience in a similar role/environment – Pharma/Medical Device/FMCG/Food backgrounds ideally.
- Track record in Project Management.
Consultant: Hugh Nugent
The above role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn't of interest to you. As we specialise only in Engineering; a number of our Engineering and Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won't find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!
VickerStock Recruitment is a specialist, focused on engineering roles throughout Europe. Our NI division has over 20 years of experience recruiting for the engineering sector. For additional information on this vacancy and other engineering opportunities contact us on 02890313720 or send a current updated CV in strict confidence using the link below.
VickerStock operates as both an employment agency and employment business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless race, age, sex, disability or religious belief. All applications are handled in strict confidence. For further information on the services we supply please visit our website.Apply for this job.