Environmental Officer – County Kerry
Vickerstock is working in partnership with a leading Irish Pharmaceutical Manufacturer who are seeking an Environmental Officer for their site in County Kerry to manage and maintain the Environmental Management Function.
Environmental Officer: Overview
The primary responsibility of the Environmental Officer role will be to ensure that the Environmental Management function at a leading Multi-national pharmaceutical plant is maintained on an on-going basis in conformance with the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001 and Corporate and Client Requirements.
Environmental Officer: Duties
- Complying with all relevant procedures and policies and reviewing and updating them when appropriate, in line with corporate document control
- Ensuring Environmental Management System is maintained in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 14001 Standard and corporate requirements
- Ensuring EMS objectives and targets are implemented in a prompt and effective manner
- Ensuring the operation of the Waste Water Treatment Plant in accordance with the Discharge License
- The operation of the Waste Management System in accordance with the relevant regulations
- Maintaining the Environmental Monitoring Programme
- Compiling and reporting on site Environmental KPIs
- Compiling data and reporting Corporate Environmental data
- Promoting Environmental Awareness and new initiatives, both inhouse and within the community, e.g. local Tidy Towns, and local schools
- Identifying potential areas for environmental improvement projects and initiatives.
Environmental Officer: Key Competencies
- Waste Management and recycling – Best practice for handling, storage, transport, treatment, records etc
- Waste Water Treatment – operation, maintenance, sampling and analysis, troubleshooting
- Environmental Management Systems – ISO 14001
- Environmental Monitoring and Supervision of Monitoring
- Management of Nature reserve
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 894400MSApply for this job.