Estimator – Specialist Contractor Monaghan
Our client is an award winning specialist in partitioning and drywall systems who work with leading main contractors on prestigious projects across the UK and Ireland.
They are currently in the market to hire an Estimator who has experience in the drywall industry who can add value to the team.
This Estimator will be working on the Internals & Externals elements of projects up to a value of £20m in value. They are looking for somebody with significant construction estimating experience with a multi-disciplined partitioning and dry lining contractor or facades contractor.
About The Role:
- The preparation, submission, and negotiation of tender proposals to enable the securing of potentially profitable work for the business unit by ensuring that bids are prepared in a timely manner, are attractive to our customers, and meet business requirements
- Seeking to improve competitiveness by innovative thinking.
- Engaging all disciplines into the work winning process.
- Preparation of prime cost estimates incorporating both standard and bespoke products
- Liaison with bid managers, contractors and consultants
- Advice on specifications and budgets
- Measurement of quantity and scope for each bid
- Preparation of prime cost estimates
- Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage
- Advice on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin
- Preparation of indicative programme to accompany bid
- In conjunction with marketing/business development function prepare bid submissions
- Follow up with client to reach a positive conclusion
- Successful post tender negotiations
About The Candidate:
- Logical and well organised with ability to prioritise
- Numerate and accurate
- Good attention to detail
- Presentation skills – written and verbal
- Positive response to pressure
- Technically competent in the estimating process
- Supportive of the introduction of the latest in-house IT software systems to ensure high speed communication is maintained
- Thorough understanding of the Building and Construction industry
- Efficient in the use of planning software Excel and Word
- Customer focused
- On-site experience
- Professionally qualified with a degree preferably in a construction related discipline or equivalent proven ability and experience in similar role.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity to join one of the NI’s most recognised specialist contractors, please forward your CV or contact me on the number below.
Rate: £45-£50K per annum + Plus Excellent Package
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michael Farren at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.Apply for this job.